The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Not received accommodation confirmation (Insurance choice)

I applied for accommodation on results day as that was the earliest possible time for those who had chosen Sheffield as their insurance choice. I haven't yet received any information about where I will be staying for first year and I wanted to know if this was normal. If there's anyone who put Sheffield as their insurance please let me know if you have got any confirmation about where you are staying.
Original post by PapaBless
I applied for accommodation on results day as that was the earliest possible time for those who had chosen Sheffield as their insurance choice. I haven't yet received any information about where I will be staying for first year and I wanted to know if this was normal. If there's anyone who put Sheffield as their insurance please let me know if you have got any confirmation about where you are staying.

Contact them if worried, but they will be busy.the nice thing is the accommodation guarantee applies to insurance candidates. So you will get something.

Theres also tons of private halls (some better) and private rental, so dont worry. Sheffield has loads of good value accomm.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/guarantee
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
I also applied on results day, I went through clearing and I also haven't heard anything yet about accommodation other than an e-mail saying they have my application for accommodation. Kind of stressing me out considering I'll be moving out in just a couple of weeks and I still don't know where I will be living
Reply 3
Firm offer holders were given until the 24th to accept / decline their accommodation offers I believe. I expect allocations for clearing students will begin after that process is complete. As already mentioned there is an accommodation guarantee and the uni accommodation is generally very good and private halls in Sheffield also offer an excellent alternative.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi, I also applied on results day, I wasn't concerned about not getting accommodation more I wanted to know where I was living. I have no clue when we will find out, I'm hoping sooner rather than later...
You will all find out soon enough as you have an accommodation guarantee, so it's just a waiting game at the moment for you! But like a previous poster said, conditional offers have until tomorrow to accept their accommodation and that's when the university know where there are gaps for insurance/clearing people :smile:. The university is very good at sorting out any issues with accommodation, I think you've just to let them contact you and then maybe if it gets to Friday then contact them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending