The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Elocin505
I did a foundation year to go onto study Pharmacy @ Keele and got 70% in all modules. Friends are heading to Queen Mary's, KCL, Loughborough etc. I am currently being considered at Nottingham. Definitely you can transfer universities if you do extremely well. I would recommend emailing universities that you like of what they want you to achieve in the foundation year.

Hope that helps. :biggrin:
Update: Now in my final year @ NOTTS pharmacy x DM me for further questions x

Hey I sent a DM, Im at keele too haha xd
Can someone get back to me about how it was transferring universities and how they went about it? Also what about student finance? Was it okay changing the university on that?
hey I am currently doing my foundation year at UCLan for pharmacy but would really like to transfer to notts after the year , could you please guide on how that exactly works as you've done it x thank you
Original post by NeedHelp2Day
Can someone get back to me about how it was transferring universities and how they went about it? Also what about student finance? Was it okay changing the university on that?

Hey I successfully transferred from a foundation year Psychology at Middlesex Uni and got to Leeds (offer was 70% overall 😊)
Hey I successfully transferred from a foundation year Psychology at Middlesex Uni and got to Leeds (offer was 70% overall 😊)
Original post by elizay27
hey I am currently doing my foundation year at UCLan for pharmacy but would really like to transfer to notts after the year , could you please guide on how that exactly works as you've done it x thank you
I did a foundation year to go onto study Pharmacy @ Keele and got 70% in all modules. Friends are heading to Queen Mary's, KCL, Loughborough etc. I am currently being considered at Nottingham. Definitely you can transfer universities if you do extremely well. I would recommend emailing universities that you like of what they want you to achieve in the foundation year.

hi, could you please private message me please.
Reply 46
Original post by anoukcav

Hi can you explain how the process works like applying and when to apply etc?
Original post by Fia_1x
Hi can you explain how the process works like applying and when to apply etc?

Hi yeah so def apply before the January deadline and make sure you ask your tutor/lecturer in advance whether they can write a reference for you. Work hard from the beginning of the year so they can give you a good prediction. I emailed some unis before I applied to see whether they would accept a foundation year transfer (some wouldn’t or some wanted good A levels lol). Aim to get 60% + overall in your modules! I got offers from Leeds (70%) Sussex (60%) Glasgow (60%) and Liverpool (65%). For reference I got CDD in my A Levels and ended up at a Russell Group uni so don’t be disheartened!! (Sorry this is so long).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 48
Hi yeah so def apply before the January deadline and make sure you ask your tutor/lecturer in advance whether they can write a reference for you. Work hard from the beginning of the year so they can give you a good prediction. I emailed some unis before I applied to see whether they would accept a foundation year transfer (some wouldn’t or some wanted good A levels lol). Aim to get 60% + overall in your modules! I got offers from Leeds (70%) Sussex (60%) Glasgow (60%) and Liverpool (65%). For reference I got CDD in my A Levels and ended up at a Russell Group uni so don’t be disheartened!! (Sorry this is so long).

Thank you so much !
Hello, I have received an offer to study a foundation year course at Leicester university and progress onto their Mechanical Engineering degree. However, I have also received an offer to go straight into the degree at Coventry University. How is leicester university for Mechanical Engineering and do you think it is best to do the foundation year or go straight into the first year at Coventry. I know that Coventry is a great university for Mechanical Engineering, though I'm trying to find further information on Leicester. Many thanks,Dennis.

Hi, I just wanted to ask when I emailed Glasgow they said they didnt accept foundation year student transfers but they gave you an offer, do you think its a mistake that they said that?

I can't dm yet but i was wondering what grade your friends who went to kcl or queen mary received
Reply 52
Hi ibrahim,Since this was 3 years ago? Did Birmingham uni accept the foundation year and let you do your physics course ?
Reply 53
It would be amazing if you saw this but I am literally doing a foundation year at Keele studying pharmacy and I want to transfer do you have anymore information on how to do that?

Latest

Trending

Trending