The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Silly me

Just need to cleart something up. I got two letters from the SLC today, one with my three copies of my finance stuff on and another irrelevant thing. Anyway, you know it says send the form back if they haven't got your bank details or they are incorrect? Are you supposed to send something back anyway (if the details are all correct) to say you do want the loan you're entitled to or do they just pay it into your bank account? I throw away the letter before reading it fully. Doh. I probably should know the routine by now but ya know...:rolleyes:

ooh and also -are returning students supposed to re-enrole or something? (Again I realise i should know)
Reply 1
LittleMinx
Just need to cleart something up. I got two letters from the SLC today, one with my three copies of my finance stuff on and another irrelevant thing. Anyway, you know it says send the form back if they haven't got your bank details or they are incorrect? Are you supposed to send something back anyway (if the details are all correct) to say you do want the loan you're entitled to or do they just pay it into your bank account? I throw away the letter before reading it fully. Doh. I probably should know the routine by now but ya know...:rolleyes:

ooh and also -are returning students supposed to re-enrole or something? (Again I realise i should know)

Don't think you have to send anything back if you agree with the details they've got. At least, I haven't...!
Jenn xx
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
JennLlama
Don't think you have to send anything back if you agree with the details they've got. At least, I haven't...!
Jenn xx

That's reassuring. Just wanted to check as i dont want to be left with no money! So thats ok then.... are you supposed to send off one of those 3 forms to senate house (or what replaced senate house) so you dont get charged the full amount for fees?
Reply 3
i agree... you r a silly pimp... :biggrin:
Reply 4
LittleMinx
That's reassuring. Just wanted to check as i dont want to be left with no money! So thats ok then.... are you supposed to send off one of those 3 forms to senate house (or what replaced senate house) so you dont get charged the full amount for fees?

Don't quite know what you mean by 'the full amount'. If you're paying the £1150 (or whatever it is this year) for the UK student fees yourself, I don't think you have to send anything to anyone (again, that's what I'm doing!) but I'm not quite sure what you have to do if you're getting the fees paid for you by SAAS or your LEA though.
Jenn xx
Reply 5
JennLlama
Don't quite know what you mean by 'the full amount'. If you're paying the £1150 (or whatever it is this year) for the UK student fees yourself, I don't think you have to send anything to anyone (again, that's what I'm doing!) but I'm not quite sure what you have to do if you're getting the fees paid for you by SAAS or your LEA though.
Jenn xx

I mean if you're paying say, for example £600 of the £1150 and the SLC are paying the rest do you have to inform warwick? or does the slc do that?
Reply 6
send it to the academic office in uni house- i sent mine off just to make sure I get my loan payment ok, really need the dough after this summer (stupidly went travelling instead of getting a job :frown:)
Reply 7
LittleMinx
I mean if you're paying say, for example £600 of the £1150 and the SLC are paying the rest do you have to inform warwick? or does the slc do that?

you need to send your award notice to warwick uni.
and i think send your parent's P60 form 03-04 if it's with SAAS.
I havnt had any post for aaages. Im beginning to wonder if my postman is dead :eek:
Reply 9
Ynox
send it to the academic office in uni house- i sent mine off just to make sure I get my loan payment ok, really need the dough after this summer (stupidly went travelling instead of getting a job :frown:)

Ok thanks i'll do that. Although i dont think youre loan payment has anything to do with the uni, they just need the details so they know how much fees to charge you i think.

valcandy
and i think send your parent's P60 form 03-04 if it's with SAAS

P60???
Reply 10
Ynox

On a different note -where'd you go travelling?
Reply 11
LittleMinx
Ok thanks i'll do that. Although i dont think youre loan payment has anything to do with the uni, they just need the details so they know how much fees to charge you i think.

P60???

p60 is like your end of the year wage/tax forum.
Reply 12
This summer i've been to:

Spain
France
Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
Poland
Austria
Slovakia
Hungary
Italy
Czech Republic

Had a good time but was pretty expensive :frown:
Reply 13
was that all interrailing?
Reply 14
Ynox
This summer i've been to:

Spain
France
Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
Poland
Austria
Slovakia
Hungary
Italy
Czech Republic

Had a good time but was pretty expensive :frown:

that sounds good. how much did it cost and where did you stay? did you book all your accommodation in advance? how long did you go for? sorry - just interested as im thinking of doing a similar thing next summer!
Reply 15
valcandy
p60 is like your end of the year wage/tax forum.

hmmm i swear i never needed one of them before:confused:
Reply 16
Cost £600 for 18 days (although I went to spain on a separate trip this summer with my folks so in a way saying I visited spain is slightly cheating...), could do it cheaper though but I ate out most nights and drank a load...

www.hostelworld.com was what I used for hostels- in Prague I really recommend hostel elf- there were 6 other guys from warwick there when I was there.Took the bus around the place (eurolines) and flew back from prague to cardiff (bmibaby). Not taking the bus ever again- trains are a bit more expensive though :frown: any other q's pm me.

Latest