The Student Room Group

Withdrawing two of my uni applications

Hey guys I have received uni offers from my two most wanted unis. So I got 3/5 now and thinking of withdrawing from the other two so I can apply to accomodation early and not wait around for an offer I won't even use.

Can anyone advise me if this is a silly choice and also if I withdraw will I be guaranteed to take a firm and insurance choice??

Thank you!
There is no rush and still very much early days.
I would wait to see what other offers come in and just in case you change your mind.
Original post by Jskamgdhsuajqn
Hey guys I have received uni offers from my two most wanted unis. So I got 3/5 now and thinking of withdrawing from the other two so I can apply to accomodation early and not wait around for an offer I won't even use.

Can anyone advise me if this is a silly choice and also if I withdraw will I be guaranteed to take a firm and insurance choice??

Thank you!

You can withdraw but I wouldn't rush into it, your opinion might change. Accomodation applications will also open in a couple of months so there's no rush - just think it through for a little longer. You've got nothing to lose :smile:

You can withdraw some of your options but you'll still be able to put down a firm and insurance choice, yes!
Reply 3
Accommodation applications wont start until March at the very earliest - and most Unis dont open them until May.
You have nothing to gain from just cancelling your other choices.

Also, many people change their minds about 'which Uni at this stage - especially after Christmas when mocks and other stuff brings a new realty about your achievable grades. If you have already cancelled those other choices, you can't then wish you still had those lower offers to choose from.
It’s a silly idea.

Even if you’re absolutely sure on where you want to go you should still hold off AND try to attend offer holder/applicant visit days for all of your choices.

You’re deciding where to spend the next 3+ years. It’s silly to do that in a hurry or without taking every single opportunity to find out more about your options.

Knowing more about your other choices will be hugely helpful even if you still stick with the firm and insurance that you’re planning on now. It means you can be confident in your decision AND it means that if things go wrong and you end up in clearing in august you have a broader range of options available

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending