The Student Room Group

Doing Alevels again during uni?

So a year ago I finished year 13 and got CCC in for my Alevels, i was predicted A*AA but i flopped because of medical reasons. I decided to take a gap year and redo my Alevels, but i became extremely lazy and caught up with having fun and revised a few days for my exams for most my subjects and got BBC this time in Maths Economics and FMaths. Its annoying cuz the first time round i know i couldve achieved the grades had i not become unwell but I completely blame myself and my laziness for the second time around. I did get nearly 90% in C3 C4 and S3 with my limited revision this year so i know if i had put my head down I couldve done well. I somehow did make it into uni tho this year with the BBC into the course I wanted Maths at QueenMary but im thinking of maybe doing the Maths and FurtherMaths a levels again, but is there any point, if I was to do well at degree level would employers care about my alevels. And would the fact it took me 3 attempts generally affect employment.
Reply 1
Original post by Kmuhammad
So a year ago I finished year 13 and got CCC in for my Alevels, i was predicted A*AA but i flopped because of medical reasons. I decided to take a gap year and redo my Alevels, but i became extremely lazy and caught up with having fun and revised a few days for my exams for most my subjects and got BBC this time in Maths Economics and FMaths. Its annoying cuz the first time round i know i couldve achieved the grades had i not become unwell but I completely blame myself and my laziness for the second time around. I did get nearly 90% in C3 C4 and S3 with my limited revision this year so i know if i had put my head down I couldve done well. I somehow did make it into uni tho this year with the BBC into the course I wanted Maths at QueenMary but im thinking of maybe doing the Maths and FurtherMaths a levels again, but is there any point, if I was to do well at degree level would employers care about my alevels. And would the fact it took me 3 attempts generally affect employment.

I don't think it's worth doing your A Levels again if you got into uni. Put your head down, focus on your degree and that can give you the edge - generally, employers will look at your degree and the other extra curricular (or CV enhancing) things that you've done over your A Levels, not to mention BBC is pretty good.

Quick Reply

Latest