The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Can anyone explain this?

Kent was my insurance choice, I accepted my offer on results day and applied for accommodation 1 hour after results were released , i applied for Keynes and Turing
(both self-catered) yet somehow i ended up with Eliot court (catered and shared between 8 people)

I know two people , both applied to Kent through clearing 2-4 days after results , one of them got an en-suite room and the other got a 6 room house (shared bathroom and self-catered) but she then complained and got upgraded to a 6 room house with two bathrooms (instead of one)

Is this normal? Or have i just drawn the shortest straw possible
Original post by dannyarch88
Kent was my insurance choice, I accepted my offer on results day and applied for accommodation 1 hour after results were released , i applied for Keynes and Turing
(both self-catered) yet somehow i ended up with Eliot court (catered and shared between 8 people)

I know two people , both applied to Kent through clearing 2-4 days after results , one of them got an en-suite room and the other got a 6 room house (shared bathroom and self-catered) but she then complained and got upgraded to a 6 room house with two bathrooms (instead of one)

Is this normal? Or have i just drawn the shortest straw possible

You just got unlucky, a lot of people are changing their minds on what they want so places are given if they are available when requested
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kravence
You just got unlucky, a lot of people are changing their minds on what they want so places are given if they are available when requested

I guess but surely that is just not right?
Reply 3
Original post by 10equals2
I firmed Kent and applied for accommodation in April and still got my second choice accommodation. I asked Kent and they told me that many people applied months before me, so unfortunately the accommodation left on results day and clearing are whatever else hasn't been taken up.

Ah that is annoying , but at least you got your second choice , could be worse , i ended up with the worst accommodation available!
Original post by dannyarch88
I guess but surely that is just not right?

I agree but there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it, I saw some people upgrade to some of the best accommodation while others got ones worse than their original offer.
Reply 5
Keynes and Turing are extremely popular.
Reply 6
Original post by Fadel
Keynes and Turing are extremely popular.

Yeah i understand this , but surely i should have still got something a bit better than eliot considering i didn't go through clearing or anything?
Reply 7
Original post by Kravence
I agree but there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it, I saw some people upgrade to some of the best accommodation while others got ones worse than their original offer.

Yeah , its probably just luck of the draw tbh bit annoying as im forced to eat meals i don't really want/need
Reply 8
All down to availability. My first choice was oversubscribed so I'd imagine yours were too.

But hey, you're going to a good uni so enjoy :smile:.

Yeah i suppose got to look at the bright side of it , cheers pal
maybe you could complain?
On what grounds?

im not sure but i've heard a few people i know that they just called up or went to the accommodation office and complain that they find their accommodations uncomfortable or whatever. doesn't hurt to try

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending