The Student Room Group

i don’t think my parents actually like me like they LOVE me as i guess you should but

i know i can be a pain, a lot of trouble and can cause a lot of arguments because i’m for some reason a very emotional person and that usually leads me to being angry or just crying.
parents love their kids cause that’s the bare minimum it’s what they have to do sort of but i’m convinced mine don’t really like me, i know i get them angry alot and we have too many arguments but these arguments always stem from them not letting me SPEAK they never seem to listen to anything i have to say and they are always convinced they can never be wrong so when i say something that implies they were/are wrong it becomes a whole thing.
and it’s worse when i actually TRY to just EXPLAIN like genuinely EXPLAIN because i feel like if someone genuinely EXPLAINED their thoughts/why a situation was bad and affected them i would LISTEN and i would then better UNDERSTAND but all they ever say when i try explaining things is “it doesnt MATTER” or “we KNOW ENOUGH IN LIFE TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION WITHOUT YOU EXPLAINING IT” or explaining is just excuses.
and it just makes me so sad and angry i’m so angry all the bloody time and when i TRY to communicate after the issue i can’t do it completely calmly because IM OVERWHELMED IM MAD AND SO THEY THEY DONT LISTEN THEN EITHER OR THEY SAY “why are you dragging things just LEARN TO LET GO the situation finished ages ago” BUT IT DIDNT FINISH AGES AGO WE JUST LEFT IT AT AN OPEN POINT USUALLY.
and i guess i’m just sad because i haven’t got anyone to talk to about anything and my parents never come to just chat to me because they’re convinced i’m “always angry” or they just dont like me enough to try like i went someplace the other day for the first time and i was really stressed out and just anxious cause first impressions or doing things for the first time needs to be “perfect” for me or just within my control or just good enough but anyways my mum KNOWS this but when she came to pick me up she didn’t even ask how it was she didn’t ask anything she just chatted to my dad and that was it if i ever wanna chat about something even minor unimportant whatever courtesy idk i have to bring it up to her or like ask her “arent you gonna ask me hownit was” or smth and that triggers her too or she goes like “if you wanted to tell me you’d tell me” and it’s like no?? i want to know you care atleast a little to ASK most parents would ASK but tou dont seem to care enoigh to ASK and i know it’s my fault things are this way because i can be snappy and mean and stuff but i’m trying to control that but i guess there’s no point and i cant talk to anyone and i havent eaten properly in a while and i feel like a mess and nobody cares.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
i know i can be a pain, a lot of trouble and can cause a lot of arguments because i’m for some reason a very emotional person and that usually leads me to being angry or just crying.
parents love their kids cause that’s the bare minimum it’s what they have to do sort of but i’m convinced mine don’t really like me, i know i get them angry alot and we have too many arguments but these arguments always stem from them not letting me SPEAK they never seem to listen to anything i have to say and they are always convinced they can never be wrong so when i say something that implies they were/are wrong it becomes a whole thing.
and it’s worse when i actually TRY to just EXPLAIN like genuinely EXPLAIN because i feel like if someone genuinely EXPLAINED their thoughts/why a situation was bad and affected them i would LISTEN and i would then better UNDERSTAND but all they ever say when i try explaining things is “it doesnt MATTER” or “we KNOW ENOUGH IN LIFE TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION WITHOUT YOU EXPLAINING IT” or explaining is just excuses.
and it just makes me so sad and angry i’m so angry all the bloody time and when i TRY to communicate after the issue i can’t do it completely calmly because IM OVERWHELMED IM MAD AND SO THEY THEY DONT LISTEN THEN EITHER OR THEY SAY “why are you dragging things just LEARN TO LET GO the situation finished ages ago” BUT IT DIDNT FINISH AGES AGO WE JUST LEFT IT AT AN OPEN POINT USUALLY.
and i guess i’m just sad because i haven’t got anyone to talk to about anything and my parents never come to just chat to me because they’re convinced i’m “always angry” or they just dont like me enough to try like i went someplace the other day for the first time and i was really stressed out and just anxious cause first impressions or doing things for the first time needs to be “perfect” for me or just within my control or just good enough but anyways my mum KNOWS this but when she came to pick me up she didn’t even ask how it was she didn’t ask anything she just chatted to my dad and that was it if i ever wanna chat about something even minor unimportant whatever courtesy idk i have to bring it up to her or like ask her “arent you gonna ask me hownit was” or smth and that triggers her too or she goes like “if you wanted to tell me you’d tell me” and it’s like no?? i want to know you care atleast a little to ASK most parents would ASK but tou dont seem to care enoigh to ASK and i know it’s my fault things are this way because i can be snappy and mean and stuff but i’m trying to control that but i guess there’s no point and i cant talk to anyone and i havent eaten properly in a while and i feel like a mess and nobody cares.

also my mum always thinks i’m trying to “school her” in her words - she always thinks me saying anything at all is schooling her, like me saying “surely you’d ask how the event was now” and stuff is “schooling her on how to be a mother” and i CANT take this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending