The Student Room Group

Help What do I do?

Hi,

I currently do Biology, Chemistry and History as my A-Levels and am getting A's but my GCSE results are subpar including C's in Math and English Lang. What careers can I do that are well paid and what courses will I need to do. Could you also inlist the universities that would allow these grades.

Thanks
Reply 1
Your GCSE grades mean dip**** if you have A-levels, you got a C and that is what universities want.
Yes like The RAR said, universities just require at least grade C in both Maths and English Lang.

It's all about your A-levels now.
Original post by The RAR
Your GCSE grades mean dip**** if you have A-levels, you got a C and that is what universities want.

if ur applying to courses like medicine and dentistry ur GSCE grades make up 15-20% of ur application.
If ur looking at less competitive courses and/or unis u'll probably get away with just Cs
Rip oxford but anything else if you get As in the end really
Reply 5
Could you elaborate on what you mean by less competitive courses? (Examples possibly)
Original post by sallyjanson
if ur applying to courses like medicine and dentistry ur GSCE grades make up 15-20% of ur application.
If ur looking at less competitive courses and/or unis u'll probably get away with just Cs
Original post by josel123
Could you elaborate on what you mean by less competitive courses? (Examples possibly)

midwifery for example or biomedical sciences.
Reply 7
Do you know any well paid jobs with uni courses that would accept me?
Original post by sallyjanson
midwifery for example or biomedical sciences.
Original post by josel123
Do you know any well paid jobs with uni courses that would accept me?

If ur looking at well paid jobs with science A levels i don't think u'll find many apart from Med/Vet/Dent
Biomedical sciences, Pharmacy, Neuroscience, Microbiology are all the sort of courses available with Chem and Bio A levels.
Their salaries aren't bad you can earn up to 50k a year I believe but not right after graduating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending