The Student Room Group

I dont know what to do:(

I got my AS mock results back and I got a D in Economics and an U in Chemistry. For the actual AS I did Maths and History which I got Ds in both of them. My school told me that I can either drop chemistry and do Maths, History and Economics or to drop history (which was my original plan) and continue Chemistry but also taking the year 12 (AS) classes alongside with the year 13 classes.

Originally I was going to drop History because I didn't like it as much as the others, but after failing chemistry, it might be a better choice to do chemistry instead. However my heart keeps telling me to do Chemistry. Can someone please give me some advice on what I should do?🙏🏻
(edited 6 years ago)
You need to think about why you got those grades, A2 is much harder than AS
Reply 2
Original post by SuperHuman98
You need to think about why you got those grades, A2 is much harder than AS

Is changing to doing a foundation year better?
Original post by Kitay
I got my AS mock results back and I got a D in Economics and an U in Chemistry. For the actual AS I did Maths and History which I got Ds in both of them. My school told me that I can either drop chemistry and do Maths, History and Economics or to drop history (which was my original plan) and continue Chemistry but also taking the year 12 (AS) classes alongside with the year 13 classes.

Originally I was going to drop History because I didn't like it as much as the others, but after failing chemistry, it might be a better choice to do chemistry instead. Hoever my heart keeps telling me to do Chemistry. Can someone please give me some advice on what I should do?🙏🏻

Why did you get a U in Chemistry, compared to a D in History?
I have recently completed A Level Chemistry and I can tell you the step up from GCSE to AS is hard, but the step up from AS to A2 (at least for me) was even harder. Ask yourself, can you really keep up with the workload? If so, how much of an improvement do you want to make? B/C may be reasonable but I think an A*/A is unachievable unless you really don't want to have a life for the next year.

If I were you, depending on what you want to pursue at uni I'd be tempted to drop Chemistry. If you can hack History and don't hate it, drop Chem.

Quick Reply

Latest