The Student Room Group

Psychology and Criminology Joint Degree?

So, you'll probably gather as you continue to read that I have pretty much no idea what I'm on about, so I apologise in advance.

I'm entering Year 13 in a couple of days and I've been thinking about universities and courses and such. I'm really not 100% certain but I think I want to become a play therapist, which would mean taking Psychology at uni. That's fine, and I don't mind that part. But I'm also interested in studying criminology, and I'm not sure if it will be taken less seriously in that particular profession if I do both.
I want to take criminology to keep my options open and because it seems interesting. I've also considered doing English with Psychology, but I don't know which option would be better, or if it would just be best to take Psychology on its own.

It'd be great if someone helped, I'm fairly new to all of this stuff and I'm completely lost! Thank you :smile:
On most psychology degree courses you can take a few criminology modules. Look at some psychology courses and see if you think you will enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest