The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
This is a place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone!

Let us know if you've got any questions about applying to Salford. We'll respond as fully as we can on here, and our Course Enquiries team are also available on the phone 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, 0161 295 4545, or email on [email protected].
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Name: Tom
Course: English and creative writing
Predicted grades: BBB + EPQ
Also applying at: UCLAN, Manchester Met, Manchester and Liverpool Hope
Reply 3
i have applied for diagnostic radiography and been offered a place however, i have not gone for an interview yet? is this normal? will i need to go for the interview
also i didn't recive a c in all 3 of my sciences but only two, will this still be ok
Name: freya
Course: wildlife and practical conservation
Predicted grades: bbc
Also applying at: Lancaster,Bangor, Suffolk and Wolverhampton
Reply 5
hi i applied for a diagnostic radiography degree at salford and got offered a place without an interview... is this normaland also, does the university carry out the DBS check and health check or does the student have to pay for this
I have an conditional from salford to study law with criminology (my top choice), im so exicited🤗🤗
Ooooh, TwinCoconuts went to Salford University didn't they? :biggrin:
Name: Elin Jones
Course: Music
Predicted grades: DDD
Reply 9
do you guys ask to see GCSE certificates at the interview? I never received mine from school and till this day i’m still waiting and it’s been 2 years
Reply 10
Name: Sarah
Course: I've applied to three but Technical Theatre is the one I'd most like to get into
Predicted grades: ABB (+ a D that I have in AS Chemistry lol)
Also applying at: Chester and Queens (both the Drama courses)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nads765
do you guys ask to see GCSE certificates at the interview? I never received mine from school and till this day i’m still waiting and it’s been 2 years

In my youthful wisdom I threw them out about 6 years ago, because who would honestly want to see GCSE certificates?

Fortunately, they're *only* £50 each...
Reply 12
Original post by University of Salford
Hi everyone!

Let us know if you've got any questions about applying to Salford. We'll respond as fully as we can on here, and our Course Enquiries team are also available on the phone 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, 0161 295 4545, or email on [email protected].

Hi

When will students who have had interviews for Film Production find out if they have been offered a place please? Also when does booking open for the accomodation in Peel Park Quarter?

Thanks
Original post by WLB2017
Hi

When will students who have had interviews for Film Production find out if they have been offered a place please? Also when does booking open for the accomodation in Peel Park Quarter?

Thanks

Hi there, thanks for the question.

The Admissions Tutors will try and make a decision on applications post-interview as quickly as possible. However, interviews are ongoing and it may mean that some decisions are not given until all interviews for have taken place.

Bookings for Peel Park Quarter will open in the new year. We’ll send emails about the accommodation but I’d also suggest keeping an eye on the Campus Living Villages website here: https://www.mystudentvillage.com/uk/salfordstudentvillage/.

I hope that helps, and let us know if you've got any more questions about Salford.

Catherine, Social Media Team.
Name: Evie
Course: Multimedia Journalism
Predicted grades: AAB (but my sixth form sent away the incorrect prediction!)
Also applying at: Newcastle, University for the Creative Arts, Loughborough

Anyone else doing anything similar to me?:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by nads765

When I went for my interview back in 2017, they asked for my GCSE certificates so they could photocopy them. But I don’t know about now, try phoning the university to find out.
Hi everyone!

Hi, i have a sports rehabilitation interview coming up. What would be the most appropriate to wear, a smart suit? or a smart tracksuit?
Original post by N1kk1-jane
Hi, i have a sports rehabilitation interview coming up. What would be the most appropriate to wear, a smart suit? or a smart tracksuit?

Hi there! Although there is no specific dress code for your interview, I would recommend dressing smart casual. You will not need be doing anything that would require active wear. Best of luck with your interview!
Hi everyone!

Hi, I am currently a first year undergrad studying human geography. so here is my situation, I would like to transfer universities to Salford after my first year but if I took a gap year as well would I return to study geography in the second year or would I have to restart to the first year ?
Original post by Anonuser345
Hi, I am currently a first year undergrad studying human geography. so here is my situation, I would like to transfer universities to Salford after my first year but if I took a gap year as well would I return to study geography in the second year or would I have to restart to the first year ?

Hi there. We can consider a transfer into year 2 but this would be assessed on an individual basis and cannot be guaranteed. Applications would be made through UCAS. We would need to see a copy of your transcript from your study elsewhere to review as part of this. You are welcome to send across a transcript to the programme admissions tutor before you apply and they can inform you of your suitability for a transfer.

Latest

Trending

Trending