The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Is this all I need for level 2 course?

Hi there, I will be studying E209 subject knowledge in primary schools October 2017.

I have studied at degree level before but in art and design so most work was done in sketchbooks. I did a few essays and just used a crappy notebook for note taking in lectures.

However I know what I'm studying now will require a lot of writing so can anyone suggest anything I need missing in my list. (Which is not very long :redface:)

Andrew northedge good study guide
Post it notes
A4 oxford notebook
A4 academic diary
A4 dividers A4 ringbinder / lever arch file
Any crappy small notepad for numbers emails names etc

The plan is to use the oxford notebook for all my notes and also my school placement. I prefer A4 and school is near so wouldn't be an issue to carry. Ultimately all the pages will be torn and organised with dividers in the ringbinder.

I don't mind spending but don't want to buy things I won't need.

I'm unsure of the way OU tutorials and online sessions work, can anyone recommend anything else? Is the good study guide all I'd need for preparing assignments?

Thanks and sorry for the long post. Im a rather disorganised person so am trying to make an effort :colondollar:
Reply 1
Hi..Shame nobody replied to your post last year.I am now preparing to study this same module in October '19 and I'm wondering if you could give me any advice on it?I'm not sure really what I want to know but I'm just beginning to get anxious about studying and wondering if there was anything I could do to prepare in advance of receiving the course materials?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest