The Student Room Group

Tutoring while at Uni

I am going to start uni this september. I want to make some money to help with expenses.
I am thinking of signing up to mytutor which is an online tutoring platform and do some tutoring for any of the following: maths, chem, physics.
Anyone have any advise, Thanks

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM:

This tutoring company pays up to £24 per hour - apply to become a tutor here

Discussion on how to become a tutor here
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by adam_2198
I am going to start uni this september. I want to make some money to help with expenses.
I am thinking of signing up to mytutor which is an online tutoring platform and do some tutoring for any of the following: maths, chem, physics.
Anyone have any advise, Thanks

I'm planning to do this too, same subjects! Are you thinking of tutoring A Level or GCSE, and can I ask what grades you got at A Level? I'm semi worried that not having any A*s may mean having to charge cheaper.

EDIT: are you able to connect to the site? I'm getting a 404 all of a sudden
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ed5
I'm planning to do this too, same subjects! Are you thinking of tutoring A Level or GCSE, and can I ask what grades you got at A Level? I'm semi worried that not having any A*s may mean having to charge cheaper.

EDIT: are you able to connect to the site? I'm getting a 404 all of a sudden

My a levels are pretty bad and thats why i did a foundation year and i am starting a BEng this september. I didnt get any a A*s, only a few As and the rest Bs.

I dont really mind a level or gcse but would prefer gcse and it would be easier content to explain.

I believe u get to charge whatever u want.

I'm worried they wont accept me too cos I have decent gcses and poor a levels. However i do thing i wud make a good tutor cos i would enjoy it.
Have u applied yet and what course are u doing and at which uni.
Im at leeds doing chem eng btw
And i cant connect either. it was working a few hours ago
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending