The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Official University of Sussex Applicants 2018 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have firmed a place to study Politics and International Relations at Sussex. Is anyone else here going to be studying Politics and IR?

Good luck with results, hopefully I’ll be seeing some of you in September 😄
(edited 5 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Did anyone else just get their accommodation offer?!
Original post by talarayes2000
Name: Tala
Course: Sociology and Cultural Studies BA
Predicted grades: D*D (i take a BTEC) and a C in psychology
Also applying to: Kent, Southampton, Portsmouth + City, university of london

I already got a conditional offer from Sussex to get a B in psychology. Just wondering, if i dont meet my conditions of getting a B and get a C instead, will there still be a chance that they could accept me? Thanks!

Hi Tala, I don't know about Sussex but I work at Kent as a sociology ambassador and at Kent, we take into account your grades but also your personal statement and references so our acceptance is often based on who you are and how suited you are to our course :smile: If you have any questions about the course or university life at Kent then I am happy to help!
Reply 203
Name: Wai Sum (sounds like why sum)
Course: Philosophy, Politics, and Economics BA
Predicted grades: I have an unconditional!!
Also applying at: Birmingham, York, Essex, Exeter

:redface:) hope to see some of yall there!!
Name: Diego
Course: Neuroscience BSc

I already got my grades and I missed my conditional offer for so little ( I got a 7,76 and they asked me for an 8). I sent them in a couple of days ago and I’m waiting for the uni’s response. Do you think I might still have a chance? How long does it usually take for unis to reply after they’ve received your grades?

Hopefully I will see y’all in September 🙋🏻*♂️
Reply 205
Original post by diegoooameal
Name: Diego
Course: Neuroscience BSc

I already got my grades and I missed my conditional offer for so little ( I got a 7,76 and they asked me for an 8). I sent them in a couple of days ago and I’m waiting for the uni’s response. Do you think I might still have a chance? How long does it usually take for unis to reply after they’ve received your grades?

Hopefully I will see y’all in September 🙋🏻*♂️

hey Diego! i wouldn't worry so much right now, i think the university takes awhile to send any sort of confirmation, maybe a week or more/less? i haven't gotten mine even though mine's an unconditional offer that I accepted two days ago. :-) and I think you do have a chance!! i've heard schools do consider/accept students that only slightly miss their conditions. do you have an insurance choice though?
Original post by kluums
hey Diego! i wouldn't worry so much right now, i think the university takes awhile to send any sort of confirmation, maybe a week or more/less? i haven't gotten mine even though mine's an unconditional offer that I accepted two days ago. :-) and I think you do have a chance!! i've heard schools do consider/accept students that only slightly miss their conditions. do you have an insurance choice though?

Original post by kluums

Yeah but I really don’t like my insurance choice (Westminster). So if I don’t get accepted at Sussex I will have to use clearing to find something that suits me better.
Reply 207
Original post by diegoooameal
Yeah but I really don’t like my insurance choice (Westminster). So if I don’t get accepted at Sussex I will have to use clearing to find something that suits me better.

that's alright! :smile: i'm sure things will work out some way or another. wishing you do get good news soon :-)
Just finished my foundation year at Sussex and will be going into my first year studying biochemistry in September
Original post by kluums
that's alright! :smile: i'm sure things will work out some way or another. wishing you do get good news soon :-)

I just checked the UCAS track and I’m in!!! I’m so happy. I’ll see you around in September guys! Btw, any Neuroscience freshers willing to make a group chat?
Hey!! I’m starting Criminology BA this September!
Original post by Stresspot262
Did anyone else just get their accommodation offer?!

Yes but I’m finding private accommodation with my girlfriend :smile:
Original post by ilovefruit
Just finished my foundation year at Sussex and will be going into my first year studying biochemistry in September

How was the foundation year? I'm starting a foundation in Psychology in September after a gap year :smile:
Name: Georgia
Course: Journalism but I'm thinking of trying to transfer to do Media & Communication (help lol)

I did a course at Brighton Uni last year and I love everything about it aside from how bloody expensive it is :frown:
Anyone doing the Arts and Humanities foundation course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending