The Student Room Group

Travelling to university - what's cheaper; buying tickets daily or some railcard?

I will be travelling to university by trains, but I haven't done much research on travelling until the month university starts, huh, what a clever idea hmm?

Anyway, according to the mock up timetable I have seen, I will be attending university 3x a week. Would it be more cheaper and more sense to buy return tickets daily when I travel to university, or just buy some railcard?

If I buy a railcard, that essentially means that I am paying for Saturday and Sunday, and I don't think I will be travelling to university that much these days.

So anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks!
Original post by tefzors
I will be travelling to university by trains, but I haven't done much research on travelling until the month university starts, huh, what a clever idea hmm?

Anyway, according to the mock up timetable I have seen, I will be attending university 3x a week. Would it be more cheaper and more sense to buy return tickets daily when I travel to university, or just buy some railcard?

If I buy a railcard, that essentially means that I am paying for Saturday and Sunday, and I don't think I will be travelling to university that much these days.

So anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

Get the 16-25 Railcard ( I think 30% off the cost of a daily ticket!), and then decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending