The Student Room Group

Concerned about my weight

Hi
I am a female aged 18 and am 5'2 and weigh 7stone4. I know I am on the borderline of being underweight on BMI as I do little to no exercise so it isn't muscle weight.
I very rarely feel hungry throughout the day and when I am I can easily ignore it without trying. I know this is not a good thing to do but I think it's become a habit as I have done this for about 3 or 4 years
I almost never have breakfast, sometimes have a small lunch (toast, cereal or a sandwich) and usually have tea (some meat with potato and sometimes veg)
However I have days, like today, when I can't be bothered to eat. Getting up and making food seems like such a waste when it's only me in my flat because I don't need to cook for others. Today I have had a bowl of cereal at lunch time and had 4 chocolate brownies about an hour ago. I feel hungry but I don't want to make anything but I understand I'm making myself unwell.
I sometimes have dizzy spells and times when I feel like I'm going to pass out (vision goes dark around the edges, feel shaky and weak, etc) and I sit or crouch where I am for 5-10 minutes and then I'm fine again after I drink some water/juice/fizzy drink.
What can I do to improve my eating habits?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you should drink water more often to get rid of those dizzy spells,,, eat a lot more carbs and proteins. I suggest you go to your nearest dietician so that they help you more effectively than I can
Reply 2
Make yourself an eating plan, if you can't be bothered to make food just buy food that is already cooked ( such as a meal deal from tescos or whatever) Every morning make sure you're having breakfast by having a type of cereal that you enjoy having.
At lunch you could literally buy a sandwich, a snack and a drink
and for dinner it's hard to force yourself to eat when youre not hungry but if you start by having breakfast and lunch, your appetite should increase after a couple of weeks
'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending