The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No you won't cause any arguments, yes I agree that racism in the Arab world has perhaps increased. However, the generalisation that "Arabs are racist" is itself a racial stereotype. There is still racism in the West, whether more or less is immaterial, the point is if someone said "white people are racist" a lot of people would take issue with that. Similarly people from places like India/Pakistan have had in recent history issues with the same sort of thing, the sense of superiority. However, if I were to call "Indians" racist I would probably be called racist. There are cultural issues in the Arab world that perhaps precipitate this kind of thing, but I think historically, at least my understanding racism in the Middle East etc... hasn't been anything like what it had been in the West with the slave trade etc... Again I am not trying to absolve racism by saying "oh well this group was more racist" but rather trying to point out that the idea that Arabs are intrinsically racist is a mistake, and the fact that so many on this forum seem to want to indulge in it is concerning, because clearly racial stereotypes are very prominent in people's minds and it's just lazy thinking.

Israel Isaac Herzog, a political figure said on state television that he saw the mixing of Jewish and non-Jewish individuals (and their romantic relationships) as an "actual plague". But nobody accuses of Israelites of racism. Here id Donald Trump: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks.” In Australia as recently as 2010 Indian Muslims were being followed and abused, with a statistic of 1 in 10 holding racist views. In Zimbabwe, there has been increasing racism against the white farmers, due to poverty and lack of land ownership by Africans.I could go on ...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have a little crush on a Arab guy but I've never seen an Arab guy with a black girl. So, I think we're not their type.

Hey I'm a black girl and my boyfriend is Persian. My ex was an Arab and his ex was a dark skinned black woman, they even have a baby together so it's not rare at all ! They seem to think that they're not our type so they might not approach you first but don't think that they generally don't find us attractive. Black women are stunning, who can resist :wink: x
this thread prolly dead asf now, but im from the US and in NYC its hella arab guys that hit on black girls all the time. i've never engaged in anything more than just talking through text bc thats just me however no one really cares here, i wouldnt expect much although (long term relationships) and i dont expect them to bring a black girl home either, i just have fun
I am an African black girl , met an Arab guy from Dubai but we living in europé. He fancy me but i felt so uncomfortable with him, he is not my type of guy. Am a party girl so after one date , never meet him again.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a little crush on a Arab guy but I've nevYer seen an Arab guy with a black girl. So, I think we're not their type

I once dated an Iraqi boy and he was obsessed with me. He exclusively dates Black girls.

Latest

Trending

Trending