The Student Room Group

Choosing a university

Which university would be the better option to study Business? So far my list contains Nottingham Trent (studying Business Management with 1 year in company), and Nottingham University itself. Coventry (studying Business Management), Greenwich (studying Business Management) and Liverpool (studying Business Management with a year in industry). Another option was Keele but right now I am finding it hard to make any decisions. The russel group universities also depend on my maths grade as I am redoing GCSE maths for the third time in order to try and achieve a B, in my case this would be a level 5 on the new specification. However some universities do not accept this and expect a grade 6 instead. e.g Leeds.
Original post by nicolespurge
Which university would be the better option to study Business? So far my list contains Nottingham Trent (studying Business Management with 1 year in company), and Nottingham University itself. Coventry (studying Business Management), Greenwich (studying Business Management) and Liverpool (studying Business Management with a year in industry). Another option was Keele but right now I am finding it hard to make any decisions. The russel group universities also depend on my maths grade as I am redoing GCSE maths for the third time in order to try and achieve a B, in my case this would be a level 5 on the new specification. However some universities do not accept this and expect a grade 6 instead. e.g Leeds.

Hi @nicolespurge

Great to hear you are considering applying to NTU!

I currently study Business Management and Marketing BA (Hons) at NTU, so if you have any questions about the Business Management course, feel free to ask away!

The Business Management course is based at our Nottingham Business School on city campus. We have a lot to shout about when it comes to teaching excellence, especially our business school. Nottingham Business School has gained AACSB accreditation, which means that it is in the top 5% of business schools worldwide. As a university, NTU has been awarded the Gold Award for Teaching Excellence.

You might find it helpful for you to read some of our student stories from current Business Management students at NTU. They talk about their experience of the course, the facilities available and work experience that they've gained during their time at NTU.

Andre Walters - Business Management (1 Year In-Company) - BA (Hons)
Amber McCarthy - Business Management (1 Year In-Company) - BA (Hons)
James Krappe - Business Management (2 Year In-Company) - BA (Hons)

If you want to find out more about the course check out the course page on our website or come along to an open day where you can talk to academic staff and current students.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.

Follow our Twitter for student news.

Explore our campuses with Instagram.

See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
Thank you so much for replying. Reading the experiences of other students especially in the area of the chosen subject topic I wish to study has been extremely helpful. I am actually visiting NTU on Saturday 7th October with my twin sister as she also is looking into your university to be one of her options. Thank you again.
My niece studied management and business at the Uni of Nottingham. She seemed to have a whale of a time. Although the faculty is on Raleigh campus she chose halls of residence on the main campus in her first year.
Original post by nicolespurge
Thank you so much for replying. Reading the experiences of other students especially in the area of the chosen subject topic I wish to study has been extremely helpful. I am actually visiting NTU on Saturday 7th October with my twin sister as she also is looking into your university to be one of her options. Thank you again.

You're welcome, no problem at all!

That's great to hear - we look forward to seeing you!

From personal experience, be sure to plan your day around your course talk but also make sure to have a look around the city. We have a really handy self-guided tour in the tour section of the open day guide, Nottingham as a city is what really sold NTU to me (as well as the amazing teaching of course!).

Be sure to visit our Nottingham stand on the day to pick up some more info about the city.

I hope you enjoy your open day at NTU, but if you have any other questions in the mean time don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
Original post by Crumpet1
My niece studied management and business at the Uni of Nottingham. She seemed to have a whale of a time. Although the faculty is on Raleigh campus she chose halls of residence on the main campus in her first year.

Original post by Crumpet1

Brilliant, thank you for the heads up. I’ll bare that in mind.
Reply 6
Hey I’m planning on studying business management and marketing in September at ntu and was wondering what your timetable is like/how many days a week you have classes?:smile:
My sister completed her Business degree at Nottingham Trent and she loved it. The placement year was so helpful and she was even offered a job at that same company after she finished her degree! The city was also great to live in with loads of students around so there were lots of opportunities for hobbies
Original post by Hal2000
Hey I’m planning on studying business management and marketing in September at ntu and was wondering what your timetable is like/how many days a week you have classes?:smile:

Hi Hal2000

Great to hear you are joining NTU in September :biggrin:

In my first year of studying Business Management and Marketing our timetable was over 4 days (Wednesdays off) where we had 12 hours of contact time - 6 hours of lectures and 6 hours of seminars. You'll be studying 6 modules so you'll have 1 lecture and 1 seminar per module a week :smile:

Give me a shout if you have any more questions!

Chris
I went to a Russel group university but I transferred back to hull I feel much happier and much the university is more friendly and caring!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending