Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could you also add the course you have applied for?

ReputationRep:
    applied for linguistics in december, received my offer late march- on the way back fro the manchester interview actually.
    got the grades and am now studying at Edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    Last year I applied for Infectious diseases in September 2017 and didn’t get an offer until March 2018!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I created a Facebook group for offer holders and applicants so if you're interested PM me

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international applicant, applied on 11th October and received an offer for CompSci on 8th Nov (UK time). Was pleasantly surprised tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyLai9879)
    I'm an international applicant, applied on 11th October and received an offer for CompSci on 8th Nov (UK time). Was pleasantly surprised tbh.
    What was your offer, if you don't mind me asking? I've completed my A-Levels with A*AA and applied for Comp Sci as well on the 16th of October. I haven't heard back from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srp_976)
    What was your offer, if you don't mind me asking? I've completed my A-Levels with A*AA and applied for Comp Sci as well on the 16th of October. I haven't heard back from them yet.
    AAA including Maths in one sitting. Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    AAA including Maths in one sitting. Good luck though!
    Thanks! I just got an unconditional offer today (29th of November) for BSc. Computer Science. Good Luck with your offer!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I just got an unconditional offer today (29th of November) for BSc. Computer Science. Good Luck with your offer!
    Congratulations! It's your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! It's your firm choice?
    Well, I've applied to UCL as well so I'm waiting for their reply. The course at UCL is shorter but I've heard it's more renown at Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've applied to UCL as well so I'm waiting for their reply. The course at UCL is shorter but I've heard it's more renown at Edinburgh.
    O lol i applied to UCL as well! Also waiting. Though I heard the opposite 🤔 Not sure if I should trust too much on rankings, but most of the them puts Edinburgh higher up than UCL for CompSci

ReputationRep:
    O lol i applied to UCL as well! Also waiting. Though I heard the opposite 🤔 Not sure if I should trust too much on rankings, but most of the them puts Edinburgh higher up than UCL for CompSci
    The course is a year shorter at UCL as well. I'm not sure if that makes it any better, but it is something to consider.

ReputationRep:
    The course is a year shorter at UCL as well. I'm not sure if that makes it any better, but it is something to consider.
    True, but I guess I have some time to contemplate on that hahaha. All the best for your other universities though!

ReputationRep:
    True, but I guess I have some time to contemplate on that hahaha. All the best for your other universities though!
    Thanks! Right back at you!

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 11th November...
    How long do you think I should wait?
    I'm an international applicant

ReputationRep:
    im a gap year applicant - international.
    I applied on 17 Oct and got an unconditional offer on 8 Nov..Edinburgh is the only university I have heard back from till now...I hate the waiting...
    Oh I applied for art history

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 17th Nov and still haven't heard back, applied for Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I applied for Law on 14th Nov and got the offer on 17th Nov.

ReputationRep:
    Today officially marks one month since I applied to Edinburgh for Politics! Heard nothing back yet, which is a bit discouraging as I've seen others receive offers this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa_james)
    I applied on 11th November...
    How long do you think I should wait?
    I'm an international applicant
    I heard Edinburgh usually replies pretty late. But I'm an international applicant too, and I received a conditional offer on 14th November after applying on 23rd October, so the wait wasn't long. But it can depend, really. So don't worry! I hope you get an offer soon, though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.