The Student Room Group

St George A101 (GEM) Graduate Medicine 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

If anyone has any inside info on SGUL, I'd love them forever. Currently in a hellish limbo of trying to decide between SGUL and Notts offers.
Term starts Tuesday 28th August, if anyone else has been waiting to find out dates before handing notice in at work.
Any recommendations for books to read over the summer?
Hey guys, rather late to the party but just wanted to update that I got an offer two weeks ago from the waiting-list!! :h: :biggrin: :ahee: :five: :jive:

Best of luck to anyone else still waiting (and to next year's applicants, who'll no doubt be combing through this thread, don't give up just yet!)
Have been offered a place today! Is there a whastapp/facebook group to get involved in?
I also got an offer today. Best day ever. After being rejected what seems like forever ago. Does anyone know of any cheap student accommodation newr the uni?
Does anyone have the time table and term dates for year 1?
Original post by daiigou
Does anyone have the time table and term dates for year 1?

Term 1

Tuesday August 28, 2018 to Friday December 14, 2018
15w 4d

Term 2

Monday January 7, 2019 to Thursday April 18, 2019
14w 4d

Term 3

Monday April 29, 2019 to Friday July 5, 2019
9w 5d
Hi All,

looking into applying to St George's for entry next year, however just wanted to ask the following:

Which hospitals do placements take place in? Are they all London hospitals or are they further out?

thanks
Reply 889
Original post by nitroustoast
Hi All,

looking into applying to St George's for entry next year, however just wanted to ask the following:

Which hospitals do placements take place in? Are they all London hospitals or are they further out?

thanks

Hi there, current graduate entry medicine (GEP) at SGUL going into 3rd year here! Happy to answer any questions anyone may have :smile: Placements can take place at a variety of hospitals including SGH and other sites and they ensure all students get placed across a variety of sites to get even exposure. Examples include SGH, St. Helier's and Epsom, Kingston, Croydon, St. Peter's, Queen's, etc. First year only has a handful of GP placements - perhaps about 5 visits in total per year. The proper placement blocks start in your 2nd year and then 3rd year onwards your time is mostly spent on placements.
Original post by pachee
Hi there, current graduate entry medicine (GEP) at SGUL going into 3rd year here! Happy to answer any questions anyone may have :smile: Placements can take place at a variety of hospitals including SGH and other sites and they ensure all students get placed across a variety of sites to get even exposure. Examples include SGH, St. Helier's and Epsom, Kingston, Croydon, St. Peter's, Queen's, etc. First year only has a handful of GP placements - perhaps about 5 visits in total per year. The proper placement blocks start in your 2nd year and then 3rd year onwards your time is mostly spent on placements.

Hello - just been accepted so very happy about that. If you can remember, whats the typical week of a 1st year? 9-5 mon-fri?
Reply 891
Original post by daiigou
Hello - just been accepted so very happy about that. If you can remember, whats the typical week of a 1st year? 9-5 mon-fri?

Fantastic!
Welcome to SGUL if you're planning on accepting!

Typical week is pretty much a 9-5 like you said with the exception of Wednesdays where it's student protected time for sports, etc after 12/12:30 pm so you're off by then. Other than that, yes 9-5 sounds about right :smile:
Original post by pachee

many thanks for your response much appreciated.
Reply 893
Original post by daiigou
Have been offered a place today! Is there a whastapp/facebook group to get involved in?

Original post by Occam5Razor
I also got an offer today. Best day ever. After being rejected what seems like forever ago. Does anyone know of any cheap student accommodation newr the uni?

Haven’t been on this thread in a while. I’m so happy for you guys!! Congratulations! 🤗🤗 The waiting must have been excruciating. Well done to you both!
Original post by Zay
Haven’t been on this thread in a while. I’m so happy for you guys!! Congratulations! 🤗🤗 The waiting must have been excruciating. Well done to you both!

Thank you! Just sorted my OH form and DBS this morning so beginning to get rather excited!
Reply 895
Original post by daiigou
Thank you! Just sorted my OH form and DBS this morning so beginning to get rather excited!

My GP is taking a while to fill it out because the practice say they don’t prioritise things like that.

Were you on the waitlist that entire time? I heard of people being rejected and then accepted weeks later by SGUL 😬
Original post by Zay
My GP is taking a while to fill it out because the practice say they don’t prioritise things like that.

Were you on the waitlist that entire time? I heard of people being rejected and then accepted weeks later by SGUL 😬

I was rejected outright by St. Georges initially and on the waiting list for Swansea and Nottingham. Then St. Georges offered me a spot a few days before Swansea did. I'd planned my whole next year because I was so convinced I would have to reapply. But things never turn out the way you expect. I'm just happy I'm in. Yeah I rang my GP this monring 2 weeks after after and they said its finally ready. Have you sorted where you're living?
Reply 897
Original post by daiigou
I was rejected outright by St. Georges initially and on the waiting list for Swansea and Nottingham. Then St. Georges offered me a spot a few days before Swansea did. I'd planned my whole next year because I was so convinced I would have to reapply. But things never turn out the way you expect. I'm just happy I'm in. Yeah I rang my GP this monring 2 weeks after after and they said its finally ready. Have you sorted where you're living?

Wow what a rollercoaster! I’m staying where I am as I live a commutable distance. What about you?
Hi everyone, If anyone needs some GAMSAT materials to purchase, PM me!

I have:
-GAMSAT Gold standard (2016-2017) text book with syllabus and all content to learn!
-Des O'Neill Revision guides for each section; S1, S2, S3
-Des O'Neill Question Books for each section
-ACER papers- purple and pink one- the latest ones!!
-ACER sample questions
-All MEDPREP papers
-GAMSAT Guru workbooks and questions for each section
-2016 Gold standard chemistry PBL questions
-aceGAMSAT exam mock
-aceGAMSAT questions
-aceGAMSAT essay bible- acing the essay section
-Gold standard exam
£1 for the lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending