The Student Room Group

Can't get a part time job

I've done over 50 part time job applications online, and always got the reply of unsuccessful. I've even let my sister apply for some jobs for me incase I am doing anything wrong, however, I am still unsuccessful.
I am 16 years old in college, and only go in 3 days per week. I was looking at part time jobs, however, cannot get one.
I have applied all over, including: debenhams, primark, asda, tesco, morrisons, mcdonald's, parcel sorter, warehouse, home bargains, and much much more. But all of them reply with a no. I've had one interview with mcdonald's, which lasted 5 minutes, however, I received a unsuccessful reply. Any tips with this? As I really could do with a part time job with all the spare time I have. Thank you
Show some tit
Do you have any experience?
Have you tried Christmas Temp Jobs?
Reply 3
Original post by Geeta_Rasoya
Do you have any experience?
Have you tried Christmas Temp Jobs?

I've got some work experience, and have also applied to lots of xmas jobs, and temp jobs.
Reply 4
Original post by MadameNhu
Show some tit

Tried, still no luck D:
REAAAALLY!? How can they resist, I'd give you the job
Original post by arjanvirdi
I've got some work experience, and have also applied to lots of xmas jobs, and temp jobs.

How is your CV looking have you got anyone to look over it besides family.
Xmas Jobs are the best to get and easiest around this time you just need to keep trying and don't let being rejecting put you down because it takes one company to say yes and you have a job. Keep your head up.:smile:
Do some CV boosting like volunteering in a local retail store such as Sue Ryder, NCS or DoE. Also its better to spend ages on one job application rather than spamming out loads of generic applications which just look rushed.
Reply 8
Original post by Geeta_Rasoya
How is your CV looking have you got anyone to look over it besides family.
Xmas Jobs are the best to get and easiest around this time you just need to keep trying and don't let being rejecting put you down because it takes one company to say yes and you have a job. Keep your head up.:smile:

Thanks for the advise! I'll definitely keep applying, and looking for jobs on a daily basis.

Original post by Calumjacko
Do some CV boosting like volunteering in a local retail store such as Sue Ryder, NCS or DoE. Also its better to spend ages on one job application rather than spamming out loads of generic applications which just look rushed.

Already got about 2 work experience on my CV, but thats a good idea :P
Thanks for the advise! I'll definitely keep applying, and looking for jobs on a daily basis.

Already got about 2 work experience on my CV, but thats a good idea :P

That's pretty impressive so far but the more the better tbh. At my interview for Waitrose they focused more on my volunteering rather than the 3 previous part time jobs I had, but it really depends what the company is looking for.

Also if you do get to the interview stage 'Glassdoor' is amazing for preparing for interview questions etc.
I've done over 50 part time job applications online, and always got the reply of unsuccessful. I've even let my sister apply for some jobs for me incase I am doing anything wrong, however, I am still unsuccessful.
I am 16 years old in college, and only go in 3 days per week. I was looking at part time jobs, however, cannot get one.
I have applied all over, including: debenhams, primark, asda, tesco, morrisons, mcdonald's, parcel sorter, warehouse, home bargains, and much much more. But all of them reply with a no. I've had one interview with mcdonald's, which lasted 5 minutes, however, I received a unsuccessful reply. Any tips with this? As I really could do with a part time job with all the spare time I have. Thank you

Join your local town centre job agencies, they literally have many warehouse operative, picker, packer jobs available that need many staff.

Where can you find jobs or apply to:

Retail

- Marks and Spencer
- Next
- Debenhams
- River Island
- Sports Soccer
- JD Sports
- Game
- John Lewis
- Toys R us
- TK Maxx
- Boots
- Poundland
- PC world
- Currys
- Ikea
- Superdrug's
- Staples
- Greggs
- Waterstones
- Primark
- Phone shops
- B and M(the Bargain Shop)

And many more others

Supermarket (Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, Lidl, Sainsbury's)
Restaurants (McDonalds, KFC, Burger Kind, Burger shops, Pizza Hut, Café Rouge)
Cinema's
Pubs
Warehouse (lots of jobs available as a operative, picker, packer, parcel sorter)
DIY Shops
Bookies
Fundraising (There are commission based and hourly paid for hitting targets)
Hotels

Also the type of jobs you can apply for:

Waiter, Kitchen Porter, Bar Staff, Housekeeper, Call Centre, Assistant, Checkout operator, Data entry, Cashier, Theatre supervisor, Gardening, Bin person, Home shopper, Customer Service, Hosting, Admin, Food Supervisor, Beverage Supervisor, Room Attendant, Catering Assistant, Porter, security steward, field operative, production operative

Where to find jobs:

- Totaljobs
- Indeed
- Reed
- Monster
- Job centre plus
- Fish4jobs
- At your local Job centre board
- Gumtree
- Empty Lemon
- Retail jobs
- Job heaven
- Jobsite
- Your local shopping centre website
- Agencies
- Look through your Express and Star
- Shop Window
- Through someone
- Job open days (ask at your local job centre)
- Your university/college job shop
- Through your local council
Original post by Analyst89
Join your local town centre job agencies, they literally have many warehouse operative, picker, packer jobs available that need many staff.

Where can you find jobs or apply to:

Retail

- Marks and Spencer
- Next
- Debenhams
- River Island
- Sports Soccer
- JD Sports
- Game
- John Lewis
- Toys R us
- TK Maxx
- Boots
- Poundland
- PC world
- Currys
- Ikea
- Superdrug's
- Staples
- Greggs
- Waterstones
- Primark
- Phone shops
- B and M(the Bargain Shop)

And many more others

Supermarket (Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, Lidl, Sainsbury's)
Restaurants (McDonalds, KFC, Burger Kind, Burger shops, Pizza Hut, Café Rouge)
Cinema's
Pubs
Warehouse (lots of jobs available as a operative, picker, packer, parcel sorter)
DIY Shops
Bookies
Fundraising (There are commission based and hourly paid for hitting targets)
Hotels

Also the type of jobs you can apply for:

Waiter, Kitchen Porter, Bar Staff, Housekeeper, Call Centre, Assistant, Checkout operator, Data entry, Cashier, Theatre supervisor, Gardening, Bin person, Home shopper, Customer Service, Hosting, Admin, Food Supervisor, Beverage Supervisor, Room Attendant, Catering Assistant, Porter, security steward, field operative, production operative

Where to find jobs:

- Totaljobs
- Indeed
- Reed
- Monster
- Job centre plus
- Fish4jobs
- At your local Job centre board
- Gumtree
- Empty Lemon
- Retail jobs
- Job heaven
- Jobsite
- Your local shopping centre website
- Agencies
- Look through your Express and Star
- Shop Window
- Through someone
- Job open days (ask at your local job centre)
- Your university/college job shop
- Through your local council

Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending