Advice on next step.. Watch

S.jones21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Unfortunately failed one 10 credit module in my nursing degree, never failed anything previously and always passed all modules/ placement first time.
As a result of failing the assignment I have been withdrawn from the course and just wanting some advice on what i can do next? Has anyone else been in this situation?
I did put in extenuating circumstances before the resub and it was declined.
I have been advised to appeal and try again however I do not think the university will budge. I received no support during the assignment or resubmission phase and struggled so much to get my head around the assignment and Topic.
Charlotte's Web
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by S.jones21)
Unfortunately failed one 10 credit module in my nursing degree, never failed anything previously and always passed all modules/ placement first time.
As a result of failing the assignment I have been withdrawn from the course and just wanting some advice on what i can do next? Has anyone else been in this situation?
I did put in extenuating circumstances before the resub and it was declined.
I have been advised to appeal and try again however I do not think the university will budge. I received no support during the assignment or resubmission phase and struggled so much to get my head around the assignment and Topic.
You should speak with your student union - they will have a designated person to deal with situations like these.

Generally, aside from asking for a remark, you would be required to make a formal appeal. The SU will help you with this, and will let you know the process involved as this varies by university.
S.jones21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have been told for weeks I would be receiving an appeal package I haven't received anything really lost all hope in the univeristy... they are terrible. Not received any support what so ever
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?