Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone would be able to give me any advice on how to prepare for the above? I've never had an interview for a grad scheme before.

I've been told it'll be a structured competency based interview.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Its fairly straight forward to find out whats in a competency based interview. They want to understand your skills/experience/attitude. Each question is designed to test a particular competency they are looking for. So I would advise looking up what other people have said about the interview (maybe on wikijob). Additionally, look up general competency interview questions. It will be along the lines of "can you tell me a time when you've had a conflict with your manager" or "can you tell me about when you've worked in a team".

Personally I would collate a page of questions and practice speaking the answers to them out loud. Its can be difficult to recall the answer you want to give in the moment, and having rehearsed what you want to say will make it much easier. There are still likely to be questions coming up that you have to think up on the spot. Speaking to a computer is quite unnatural - especially if its not a person on the other end and they are just recording you. Id suggest recording yourself before hand - check everything sounds ok, the background looks ok etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Its fairly straight forward to find out whats in a competency based interview. They want to understand your skills/experience/attitude. Each question is designed to test a particular competency they are looking for. So I would advise looking up what other people have said about the interview (maybe on wikijob). Additionally, look up general competency interview questions. It will be along the lines of "can you tell me a time when you've had a conflict with your manager" or "can you tell me about when you've worked in a team".

Personally I would collate a page of questions and practice speaking the answers to them out loud. Its can be difficult to recall the answer you want to give in the moment, and having rehearsed what you want to say will make it much easier. There are still likely to be questions coming up that you have to think up on the spot. Speaking to a computer is quite unnatural - especially if its not a person on the other end and they are just recording you. Id suggest recording yourself before hand - check everything sounds ok, the background looks ok etc etc.
    Thank you! I did read your advice before the interview took place but forgot to reply.

I passed the video interview.

Cheers again.

ReputationRep:
    Hi JME

Would you like to share the interview questions here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramvenkat89)
    Hi JME

Would you like to share the interview questions here?
    Hi there,

Do you have a video interview with Mondelez?

ReputationRep:
    Hi JME,

Yes, I do have a skype interview in 2 days time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi JME,

Yes, I do have a skype interview in 2 days time.
    Cool, which scheme have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Finance Graduate

ReputationRep:
    Finance Graduate
    Ok, send me a private message if you have any particular questions and i'll try to help out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.