Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Welcome!

wow, I’ve only been on the student room a few days now but i’ve decided to take a plunge and start a GYG... year 10 is a tough year - no, not as tough as the years that follow - but it’s still tough. already, less than a few weeks into my gcse courses i’m struggling with motivation. i’m hoping this GYG will help me to connect with other like-minded people and you can follow my journey of growing confidence and motivation to study and achieve the best i can!

the gcses i have taken and the grades im predicted vs what i want are:
    Spoiler:
    Show

AQA English Language (predicted : 8, want : 8)
    AQA English Literature (predicted : 8, want : 8)
    AQA Maths (predicted : 7, want : 8)
    AQA Geography (predicted : 9, want : 9)
    AQA Physics (predicted : 7, want : 8)
    AQA Biology (predicted : 8, want : 9)
    AQA Chemistry (predicted : 8, want : 9)
    Edexcel History (predicted : 9, want : 9)
    Edexcel RE (predicted : 8, want : 9)
    Edexcel Spanish (predicted : 9, want : 9)
    Edexcel PE (predicted : 6, want : 8)

*edit* the PE predicted is now a 7, the reason it was a 6 was because it was based purely on practical in areas i wasn’t so strong in

i’m not 100% sure what i want to do when i’m older but at the moment i’m thinking either Medicine or Sports Science! it really depends on the grades i get and the opportunities i have etc.
    i’m not 100% on my a-levels either, luckily i’ve got some time to think but it’s probably between chemistry, biology, maths, physics, pe, spanish (i know i can’t take all of these!!!! they’re just what i’ve whittled it down to)

so... i hope you enjoy this! it’s half term right now and i’ve got limited homework and a very busy week (it’s my 15th birthday very soon!!) but please connect with me on this GYG, i’m excited for what’s to come; anya
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i’m already back! (oops)
    today’s not been a very productive day and it’s not going to be unfortunately - last night i had a sleepover and tonight i’m having another one!

additionally (oh no, it sounds like one of my history essays) i’ve got the most awful cold, i always seem to get them when i’m on half term breaks! hopefully it won’t bother me on my birthday *crosses fingers*

before my friend comes over tonight i’m going to follow my teacher’s revision schedule for the first two units of biology and possibly start some notes on my 19th century english lit novel : frankenstein which should be interesting 🤔

see below for my teacher’s revision schedule - you might find it useful, and a sample of my biology notes (these haven’t been handwritten because i want my revision schedule notes to be as condensed as possible whereas my other notes nice and detailed and pretty)

Name:  2EACCCA3-297B-40B2-AF45-F18EA54C4E02.jpg.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  25.2 KB

Name:  556F1A90-9A2C-4ED6-BDD8-327AFB8740C1.jpg.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  33.4 KB

might update this later on if i’m feeling obsessive - or tomorrow - please do contribute to my gyg! i’d love to make some new friends!

byeeeee for now; anya

ReputationRep:
    hey anya!! so glad you started a gyg thread xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    hey anya!! so glad you started a gyg thread xx
    aw! thanks! i’m really excited about it haha!
    it won’t be as good as yours

ReputationRep:
    Love this, definitely added to my watch list can’t wait for more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithoshxo)
    Love this, definitely added to my watch list can’t wait for more
    thanks! it’s exciting!

ReputationRep:
    it’s my birthday tomorrow ahhh!!!
    so far my half term break has been pretty crazy (on top of the fact that ive been ill ugh) so i haven’t had any time to study, luckily i don’t really have anything important coming up.

since i’m probably not going to study at all tomorrow - i might try to do some things today! first i’m going into the city with my bestie to shop and have a meal but this morning i went through some spanish vocab on memrise this morning (my favourite app!!)

later i think i’m going to do some past paper questions from biology and test myself on my physics knowledge organiser just to try to study a BIT...

i’ll let you know how it goes and hopefully i will have some notes or pics to show! have a productive day guys; anya

ReputationRep:
    Hey Anya!
    Defo going to follow your thread!!!!!!
    Xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.N123)
    Hey Anya!
    Xxxxxx
    i hope you enjoy it )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyapoundall02)
    it’s my birthday tomorrow ahhh!!!
    so far my half term break has been pretty crazy (on top of the fact that ive been ill ugh) so i haven’t had any time to study, luckily i don’t really have anything important coming up.

since i’m probably not going to study at all tomorrow - i might try to do some things today! first i’m going into the city with my bestie to shop and have a meal but this morning i went through some spanish vocab on memrise this morning (my favourite app!!)

later i think i’m going to do some past paper questions from biology and test myself on my physics knowledge organiser just to try to study a BIT...

i’ll let you know how it goes and hopefully i will have some notes or pics to show! have a productive day guys; anya
    (Original post by A.N123)
    Hey Anya!
    Xxxxxx
    Hey ma peeps, ur days been well?

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetdude28)
    Hey ma peeps, ur days been well?

Happy birthday for tomorrow!
    thanks for the birthday wishes! had an amazing day, would write about it in one of these blog posts but i should revise first so it’s a bit more ‘GYG’ style

check it out later!! hehe

ReputationRep:
    Early happy birthday! Hope you have an AMAZING day tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elvss567)
    Early happy birthday! Hope you have an AMAZING day tomorrow!!
    thank you again!!! just need to revise a bit tonight so i actually get something done haha!
    will be posting a bit later

ReputationRep:
    happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick update...
    I changed my username because of privacy but I'm the same person!!! (don't you worry haha)
    Will be posting what I've been doing today/tonight a little bit later but just thought I'd let you know because you might all be a bit surprised!

stay productive; anya

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!

today’s been pretty crazy, my friend and i went for a pizza and bought each other some beautiful jewellery from pandora! we also got a personalised millies cookie (delicious!)

ive been home for a few hours now and i’ve had a little bit of time to organise my study materials and start to answer some exam questions and write up some notes!

you can see what i’ve been doing here :
    Name:  93692E12-52B7-4A35-A6AB-A58E216F6BEB.jpg.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  29.8 KB start of my physics notes
    Name:  8C23E84A-ADE4-468B-9C02-C131D1A58741.jpg.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  22.3 KB some biology exam questions off my revision schedule

now i’m watching a new bbc3 documentary about junior doctors, i remember watching the original series when i was a lot younger and it really fuelled my love for medicine - so it’s really exciting to watch it again as it motivates me to want to study to achieve my goal!

Attachment 698496

after my birthday tomorrow, i have a quiet day on friday so i’m going to write up some new notes (they get into my head quicker than typed notes!) as they’re kind of time consuming and i need to get them done early on in my gcses so i can properly revise later on (wooooo funnn...)

what have you been doing?
    are you watching this new series?
    do you like revising?

let me know; anya

ReputationRep:
    Your revision notes are so pretty and so is your handwriting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effy..)
    Your revision notes are so pretty and so is your handwriting!
    thank you! i’ll post some more over the next few days

ReputationRep:
    helllloooooo!

It's been another whirlwind of day (yes, it's my birthday!)
    I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M 15 WHATTTTT

obviously haven't got much in terms of studying to update you with - you'll have to wait for tomorrow for that!

one of my presents was a study planner so here's a picture!
    Attachment 698868

i love it lol

how do you organise your studying?

i'll update again soon; anya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    now i’m watching a new bbc3 documentary about junior doctors, i remember watching the original series when i was a lot younger and it really fuelled my love for medicine - so it’s really exciting to watch it again as it motivates me to want to study to achieve my goal!
    yessss watched that yesterday!! soo many needles oh my

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.