The Student Room Group

Learning To Be More Confident In My Ability : Year 10 GYG

Scroll to see replies

your summer list is looking good! :thumbsup:
so proud of u girll :heart:
loved reading your posts and supporting you every step of the way xxx
remember to relax and enjoy your summer - can't wait to read ur gcse posts next year :h:
so everyone... it’s my last post before the competition is over! :cry2:

i’ve had a really enjoyable year actually!
initially started out this gyg because I REALLY WANT/NEED A MACBOOK (anyone else relate?) and i really don’t want to be trying to save up for one :lol:
but by the end of this competition i’ve got so much more than a materialistic prize, i’ve been able to improve study techniques, enjoy school and bit more and i have definitely achieved my goal - to be more confident in my ability :gah:

there are so many worthy winners this year so i don’t know how the ‘judges’ will choose!!

so first of all, well done to all my followers and friends who picked up a-level results. i know it didn’t go to plan for quite a few of you, but please remember that you massively inspire me and you were so incredibly strong in what seems like a devastating situation. things are going to be okay!

and secondly, good luck tomorrow for all my year 11 followers. i would be absolutely inconsolable if i were in your position right now - it must be so scary! i will be thinking of every single one of you, and i know you’re all capable of getting insane grades and being like ‘haha new gcses are hard? I SMASHED THEM’ so let’s hope that IS the case! :crossedf:

thank you for all the memories and the lessons i’ve learnt, for all the advice and the friendliness.

i hope some of you will continue to follow my journey in year 11, if you haven’t already please go and check it out!
bubbling my way up : year 11 gyg

bubble squad, this will be the last time you’ll receive a mention from me (phew!) unless you’ve told me to tag you in my new gyg :smile:
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

This was a competition? I guess you learn something new everyday :smile: good luck tho
Original post by jadarose
This was a competition? I guess you learn something new everyday :smile: good luck tho

ahahh yes it was! but a lot of people wouldn’t have realised that. on the website there used to be a thing making it clear it was but not anymore (taken over by results day :lol: )

competition, yes, but at the end of the day it’s just a way to get better grades and make friends i think!
imma miss this 💔
good luck for the comp though!!!
Good luck! (I say while I reply on my MacBook :tongue:)
Original post by emilynxlan
Good luck! (I say while I reply on my MacBook :tongue:)

grrr :laugh:

thank you though! at the end of the day this isnt a competition for me, its become so much more than that :smile:

nice to see you back again though! xx
Original post by clouddbubbles
grrr :laugh:

thank you though! at the end of the day this isnt a competition for me, its become so much more than that :smile:

nice to see you back again though! xx

Aw thanks! I've been so caught up in the Horrible Histories fandom that I forgot TSR was a thing :colondollar:

I promise I was productive over summer, I promise...
Reply 2870
Tag me in your new one
So far, your doing so much better than me than I did at GCSE at this time
congrats and best of luck!
Make sure you spam out in the spam thread coming shortly :wink2:
ah this is so sweet bubbles:smile: will need all the luck i get:lol:
so everyone... it’s my last post before the competition is over! :cry2:

i’ve had a really enjoyable year actually!
initially started out this gyg because I REALLY WANT/NEED A MACBOOK (anyone else relate?) and i really don’t want to be trying to save up for one :lol:
but by the end of this competition i’ve got so much more than a materialistic prize, i’ve been able to improve study techniques, enjoy school and bit more and i have definitely achieved my goal - to be more confident in my ability :gah:

there are so many worthy winners this year so i don’t know how the ‘judges’ will choose!!

so first of all, well done to all my followers and friends who picked up a-level results. i know it didn’t go to plan for quite a few of you, but please remember that you massively inspire me and you were so incredibly strong in what seems like a devastating situation. things are going to be okay!

and secondly, good luck tomorrow for all my year 11 followers. i would be absolutely inconsolable if i were in your position right now - it must be so scary! i will be thinking of every single one of you, and i know you’re all capable of getting insane grades and being like ‘haha new gcses are hard? I SMASHED THEM’ so let’s hope that IS the case! :crossedf:

thank you for all the memories and the lessons i’ve learnt, for all the advice and the friendliness.

i hope some of you will continue to follow my journey in year 11, if you haven’t already please go and check it out!
bubbling my way up : year 11 gyg

bubble squad, this will be the last time you’ll receive a mention from me (phew!) unless you’ve told me to tag you in my new gyg :smile:
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

you definitely deserve it!

I believe you are very capable of achieving the best and is shown through this years performance, you have inspired me!
Aw thanks! I've been so caught up in the Horrible Histories fandom that I forgot TSR was a thing :colondollar:

I promise I was productive over summer, I promise...

WE LOVE horrible histories :wink:
WE LOVE horrible histories :wink:

Follow my meme page realcharlesii on instagram. We got plenty of HH content over there.
Original post by IDOZ
Tag me in your new one
So far, your doing so much better than me than I did at GCSE at this time

yeah will do :smile:)
thanks!

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
congrats and best of luck!
Make sure you spam out in the spam thread coming shortly :wink2:

was out on a cheeky bike ride, but yes i will be spamming now :rave:

Original post by entertainmyfaith
ah this is so sweet bubbles:smile: will need all the luck i get:lol:

plenty of sc’s to come overnight with LOVE!!!! :love:
you know i’m only a text away :wink:

Original post by I'mComingOxford
you definitely deserve it!

I believe you are very capable of achieving the best and is shown through this years performance, you have inspired me!

and you have definitely inspired me! i will be thinking of you getting your english result tomorrow - whatever happens you tried so hard for it and at least you’ve got it out of the way :hugs:
Follow my meme page realcharlesii on instagram. We got plenty of HH content over there.

good good i will defo be following that!
yeah will do :smile:)
thanks!

was out on a cheeky bike ride, but yes i will be spamming now :rave:

plenty of sc’s to come overnight with LOVE!!!! :love:
you know i’m only a text away :wink:

and you have definitely inspired me! i will be thinking of you getting your English result tomorrow - whatever happens you tried so hard for it and at least you’ve got it out of the way :hugs:

awh thanks! i don't think I will be sleeping tonight! :lol:

yes, and I've heard the grade boundaries will be lower, but I won't say anything-don't wanna tempt fate :tongue:

yep, 1 less GCSE to worry! :biggrin:
imagine learning all my science & maths equations, history notes/dates, and quotes! I could never do that but you could do that in your sleep

thanks a lot :hugs:
Original post by I'mComingOxford
awh thanks! i don't think I will be sleeping tonight! :lol:

yes, and I've heard the grade boundaries will be lower, but I won't say anything-don't wanna tempt fate :tongue:

yep, 1 less GCSE to worry! :biggrin:
imagine learning all my science & maths equations, history notes/dates, and quotes! I could never do that but you could do that in your sleep

thanks a lot :hugs:

good luck once again!!

and lsndhqhakd it is so difficult :frown:
especially all the equations, in one of my mocks i literally had to start rearranging one because i couldn’t remember it :cry:

you. are. going. to. be. fine!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending