Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blank Lines in UCAS Personal Statement Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing my PS right now and I'm massively confused.
    I have about 3990 characters, but when pasting it into the editor and make it so there are paragraphs (leaving one blank line between the paragraphs), then I have to shorten my PS which makes it only around 3700 characters!
    Can I just do paragraphs without leaving blank lines or how did you guys handle it?

ReputationRep:
    Just start a new paragraph. Dont use a blank line or indent.

ReputationRep:
    Alright,Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cappa2)
    I'm writing my PS right now and I'm massively confused.
    I have about 3990 characters, but when pasting it into the editor and make it so there are paragraphs (leaving one blank line between the paragraphs), then I have to shorten my PS which makes it only around 3700 characters!
    Can I just do paragraphs without leaving blank lines or how did you guys handle it?
    Ideally you would edit it to add in blank lines. I've never seen a PS that couldn't be improved by removing words in favour of making it easier to read (and making it less likely that important information didn't get missed).

3,400-3,600 characters is about right for a well presented PS within the line limit.

You've got until January to refine your PS. There's no need to rush in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.