The Student Room Group

Changing course after unconditional offer?

I have an unconditional offer to study geography at Nottingham. I like the university but the course isn’t my favourite. Do you think I would be able to change course if I accepted the unconditional and didn’t like it?
Original post by ppjk
I have an unconditional offer to study geography at Nottingham. I like the university but the course isn’t my favourite. Do you think I would be able to change course if I accepted the unconditional and didn’t like it?

Ask Nottingham - it might be possible to change before you accept the offer, it might be possible to change after you accept the offer and it might be possible to change after you start the course....but only Nottingham know the answer
Most of the universities that I visited on open days were totally fine about changing courses, but I don’t think you could completely rely on them letting you change because there might be problems with changing to the other course eg it might be full. Also check you meet the entry requirements from the other course. On UCAS I’m pretty sure you can add/change one of your options for uni but you might have to pay.
Original post by lcschofield
Most of the universities that I visited on open days were totally fine about changing courses, but I don’t think you could completely rely on them letting you change because there might be problems with changing to the other course eg it might be full. Also check you meet the entry requirements from the other course. On UCAS I’m pretty sure you can add/change one of your options for uni but you might have to pay.

You can only substitute choices through UCAS within the first 14 days of applying - after that any substitutions can only be done by the university applied to (and can't involve a swap between universities). There's no additional fees for substituting choices.
Reply 4
I’m worried that they will take away the unconditional offer I have and replace it for a conditional if I ask them
Original post by ppjk
I’m worried that they will take away the unconditional offer I have and replace it for a conditional if I ask them

A conditional offer for a course you want is better than an unconditional for a course you don't want.

But either way you can ask about whether it is POSSIBLE to change without making it a formal request.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending