The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Receiving final grade for Masters?

Hi guys,

So it was just results day for postgrad students on the 26th of Oct. I did not receive the grades I hoped for my Diss and just barely scraped a Merit at 61%.

I also did not receive a final overall Stage Result - just a Stage Mean.

If my grades stay the way they are, I will get a degree with a merit, which is fine.

But I'm terrified that the reason I haven't had a declared final result is because they've put my terrible diss in for another remark. If it goes down to below 60% then I don't think I will be able to pass with Merit so I'm really stressed.

On Sussex Direct it says that grades on Sussex Direct are subject to change until final results are posted and mine aren't. But on the University website it says that grades are subject to change until they've been ratified by the exam board which sits in October, and it is now the end of October, so...

I was just wondering if anyone had had their final grade change after results day and if this can happen? Or do you think the fact that I didn't get a stage result posted was just a clerical error!?

I've contacted the uni via email but it's the weekend so I can't speak to anyone until Monday and I'm facing a long and stressful weekend of worrying whether I have actually got my final grade or not, coupled with the disappointment of not doing as well as I hoped in my final project. So any responses would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Reply 1
There are no final results and no award until all marks are ratified by a board of examiners at the end of the programme. Remarks don't happen unless there is a serious disagreement between examiners of the dissertation and they cannot agree a final mark (so need 3rd marking). They don't just remark things for the sake of it.

When is the exam board? That is when you get your actual result.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Hey, thanks so much for replying. On the website it says that all marks are ratified "at the end of october" and results posted on the 26th. But my final grade box online was left blank. I only had a "stage mean" of 66%. So unsure if ive got my results or not! :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending