The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics/Finance & Economics (2018)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndrewFrum
no, absolutely I didn't! :smile:

Aww I see. If you are given the conditional offer, the academic condition will just be all about a final overall grade.
Moved to "Awaiting approval by GAO" today, hopefully that is good news.
Reply 62
Hey, is any of you already allocated to a college?
Original post by rgy96
Hey, is any of you already allocated to a college?

Hey,
I was admitted to Jesus even before receiving my conditional offer email 🤔 I didn't mention any college preference so that must be why it took barely one day :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Florian95
Hey,
I was admitted to Jesus even before receiving my conditional offer email 🤔 I didn't mention any college preference so that must be why it took barely one day :smile:

Haha good for you :smile: I made preference for Trinity and Pembroke, hope its not gonna take too long for them to decide
Reply 65
Just been put on hold for the MPhil in Economic Research until April...

Anybody know how likely I am to be made an offer at the end?
Reply 66
Hey Guys Any idea about how Mphil in Finance and Economics rates against the MFE at Oxford ? Any leads would be greatly appreciated.Many Thanks
Reply 67
Hey! has anyone applied to the Econ diploma at Cambridge?
Reply 68
Is it too late to apply? I am an EU student with a first from a mid-ranked uni. Got 169v 167q on the GRE and have completed CFA II. No relevant work experience... Should I bother trying?
Reply 69
Original post by zacheww
Hey Guys Any idea about how Mphil in Finance and Economics rates against the MFE at Oxford ? Any leads would be greatly appreciated.Many Thanks

Hey zacheww

MFE at Oxford is a lot more prestigious and I would say overall a better degree. The modules seem more applied so in terms of job prospects this would be the better course. They have an international module too which looks cool. That being said MFE at Oxford is double the price.

If you had offers from both and money is no object, I would go for the Oxford MFE. But I don't think that its 2 times better.

The Mphil at Cambridge looks more theoretical, but you can always supplement it with online courses and internships.
Reply 70
Original post by vertomg
Is it too late to apply? I am an EU student with a first from a mid-ranked uni. Got 169v 167q on the GRE and have completed CFA II. No relevant work experience... Should I bother trying?

The deadline is at the end of the month so you can still apply!
Also the application is not very long, so you probably have enough time.

However, you would have to decide quickly because getting recommendation letters may take time. Also they have to receive your GRE scores, and ETS is really not fast. It may take over a week.

Best of luck!
Have all the offer holders been given membership at a college yet?
Original post by Wojtek97

i got an offer on Jan 18tj but I am still seeking college membership!
Reply 73

I just got accepted to Christ's College!
Reply 74
Does anyone know if college matters?
Original post by Mu04
Does anyone know if college matters?

It really depends on which College you applied for.
Normally application to top colleges by norrington table ranking would take much longer.
I applied for King's and got membership a week after I was made a conditional offer.
I applied to the MPhil in Economic Research program and my application status has been under review at the department for over a month. Based on your experience, what's the status after "under review by department"? Is the degree and department at the economics the same thing?
Reply 77
Original post by jasmineyangvc
I applied to the MPhil in Economic Research program and my application status has been under review at the department for over a month. Based on your experience, what's the status after "under review by department"? Is the degree and department at the economics the same thing?

FYI: I applied for MPhil Econ just before the deadline and my application status moved to “Awaiting approval by GAO” today.
(edited 6 years ago)
Has anybody heard back in regards to funding?
Reply 79
Has anybody heard back in regards to funding?

Hi, did the department recommend you for funding?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending