Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya,

i was wondering: are broad shoulders on girls unattractive? some people say that they are desirable as they are a 'characteristic of some models', but others say that they make girls look very masculine, and unattractive. i have broad shoulders, and recently, i have become very insecure of how broad they are- i feel like a man.
    any opinions? x

ReputationRep:
    It's not a physical trait I'd normally go for, but it's really about the whole package if you get what I mean? If they're on the right person, who cares...

Some men love it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    it's just the way shoulders are viewed in society, i guess [sounds pathetic i know]- if a guy truly likes you then he wouldn't give a crap about your shoulders. who knows, he may even like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard)
    It's not a physical trait I'd normally go for, but it's really about the whole package if you get what I mean? If they're on the right person, who cares...

Some men love it.
    the thing is, though, a lot of men do care, but i wish it was the case. do you think it's a big off put, though? is it a major issue?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like it personally.

ReputationRep:
    You said it yourself, opinions vary. Personally, I don't give a hoot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    it's just the way shoulders are viewed in society, i guess [sounds pathetic i know]- if a guy truly likes you then he wouldn't give a crap about your shoulders. who knows, he may even like them.
    i guess you're right- thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanababe78)
    hiya,

i was wondering: are broad shoulders on girls unattractive? some people say that they are desirable as they are a 'characteristic of some models', but others say that they make girls look very masculine, and unattractive. i have broad shoulders, and recently, i have become very insecure of how broad they are- i feel like a man.
    any opinions? x
    I thought this would be an old thread I replied to since I saw this question not long ago on here and didn't think it was something many people would wonder. Anyway the one time I noticed a girl had broad shoulders I thought they looked hot.

ReputationRep:
    Broad shoulders and thick thighs are delicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    I like my girls to look like men

No homo
    Didn't think you'd be into oil drilling.

ReputationRep:
    the thing is, though, a lot of men do care, but i wish it was the case. do you think it's a big off put, though? is it a major issue?
    I can't speak for all men but I don't think it's a major issue. If a woman looked like Mr Incredible (which, by the way, I'm sure you don't) then I suppose that could put men off who are attracted to more traditionally feminine physical traits.

What experiences have led you to think that a lot of men do care about this?

Also, people tend to exaggerate what they consider to be their own defects. They end up being a lot bigger (if they exist at all) in that person's head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard)
    I can't speak for all men but I don't think it's a major issue. If a woman looked like Mr Incredible (which, by the way, I'm sure you don't) then I suppose that could put men off who are attracted to more traditionally feminine physical traits.

What experiences have led you to think that a lot of men do care about this?

Also, people tend to exaggerate what they consider to be their own defects. They end up being a lot bigger (if they exist at all) in that person's head.
    thank you so much for replying, and, also doing it in a very grammatically correct fashion, haha.

but, nothing has really led me to feel this way, i've just suddenly realised that my shoulders are not as small as other girls'- i guess i just really desire a petite physique, which, no matter how skinny i get, i have realised i will not achieve. so, i guess that has led me to feeling that guys will think my shoulders are ugly, too manly, not feminine, and whatnot.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol, why the **** do you care what guys think :rofl: :rofl:

Just be happy you haven't got weak shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much for replying, and, also doing it in a very grammatically correct fashion, haha.

but, nothing has really led me to feel this way, i've just suddenly realised that my shoulders are not as small as other girls'- i guess i just really desire a petite physique, which, no matter how skinny i get, i have realised i will not achieve. so, i guess that has led me to feeling that guys will think my shoulders are ugly, too manly, not feminine, and whatnot.
    I see. Well you can't change your bones and, really, I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll drill anything :creepyEmojiHere:
    Just make sure the drill pipe doesn't turn brown.

ReputationRep:
    Well you wouldn't wanna get banged by a girl with broad shoulders know would you

ReputationRep:
    Broad shoulders on men = very attractive... narrow shoulders on men is somewhat unattractive... average ones.. no added points or negative to your overall look. Depends really... narrow shoulders on a feminine/hippy guy probably doesn't matter because girls who like that kind of guy won't care too much.

I wouldn't consciously look at a girl and think... oh she has broad shoulders damn i liked her face. I mean it depends on the rest of your body. I know a girl who has quite wide shoulders, very forward head posture (makes shoulders look worse/slump back), wide waist, bigish legs and a pretty flat bum... i won't lie that kind of physique is unattractive imo. Mind you if she had a pretty face that i liked i wouldn't care too much really.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol, why the **** do you care what OP cares about :rofl: :rofl:
    I don't, I just find OP stupid, and you actually. You're clearly not 'friendly' :lol: :lol: :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If she can military press more than you, you're no longer the man in the relationship...she is:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I don't, I just find OP stupid, and you actually. You're clearly not 'friendly' :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Why did you post then? Why do you find OP and FriendlyPenguin stupid?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.