The Student Room Group

broad shoulders on girls?

hiya,

i was wondering: are broad shoulders on girls unattractive? some people say that they are desirable as they are a 'characteristic of some models', but others say that they make girls look very masculine, and unattractive. i have broad shoulders, and recently, i have become very insecure of how broad they are- i feel like a man.
any opinions? x

Scroll to see replies

It's not a physical trait I'd normally go for, but it's really about the whole package if you get what I mean? If they're on the right person, who cares...

Some men love it.
it's just the way shoulders are viewed in society, i guess [sounds pathetic i know]- if a guy truly likes you then he wouldn't give a crap about your shoulders. who knows, he may even like them.
Reply 3
Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard
It's not a physical trait I'd normally go for, but it's really about the whole package if you get what I mean? If they're on the right person, who cares...

Some men love it.

the thing is, though, a lot of men do care, but i wish it was the case. do you think it's a big off put, though? is it a major issue?
I wouldn't like it personally.
Reply 5
You said it yourself, opinions vary. Personally, I don't give a hoot.
Reply 6
Original post by entertainmyfaith
it's just the way shoulders are viewed in society, i guess [sounds pathetic i know]- if a guy truly likes you then he wouldn't give a crap about your shoulders. who knows, he may even like them.

i guess you're right- thank you x
Original post by lanababe78
hiya,

i was wondering: are broad shoulders on girls unattractive? some people say that they are desirable as they are a 'characteristic of some models', but others say that they make girls look very masculine, and unattractive. i have broad shoulders, and recently, i have become very insecure of how broad they are- i feel like a man.
any opinions? x

I thought this would be an old thread I replied to since I saw this question not long ago on here and didn't think it was something many people would wonder. Anyway the one time I noticed a girl had broad shoulders I thought they looked hot.
Reply 8
Broad shoulders and thick thighs are delicious.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
I like my girls to look like men

No homo

Didn't think you'd be into oil drilling.
the thing is, though, a lot of men do care, but i wish it was the case. do you think it's a big off put, though? is it a major issue?

I can't speak for all men but I don't think it's a major issue. If a woman looked like Mr Incredible (which, by the way, I'm sure you don't) then I suppose that could put men off who are attracted to more traditionally feminine physical traits.

What experiences have led you to think that a lot of men do care about this?

Also, people tend to exaggerate what they consider to be their own defects. They end up being a lot bigger (if they exist at all) in that person's head.
Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard
I can't speak for all men but I don't think it's a major issue. If a woman looked like Mr Incredible (which, by the way, I'm sure you don't) then I suppose that could put men off who are attracted to more traditionally feminine physical traits.

What experiences have led you to think that a lot of men do care about this?

Also, people tend to exaggerate what they consider to be their own defects. They end up being a lot bigger (if they exist at all) in that person's head.

thank you so much for replying, and, also doing it in a very grammatically correct fashion, haha.

but, nothing has really led me to feel this way, i've just suddenly realised that my shoulders are not as small as other girls'- i guess i just really desire a petite physique, which, no matter how skinny i get, i have realised i will not achieve. so, i guess that has led me to feeling that guys will think my shoulders are ugly, too manly, not feminine, and whatnot.
Lol, why the **** do you care what guys think :rofl: :rofl:

Just be happy you haven't got weak shoulders.
thank you so much for replying, and, also doing it in a very grammatically correct fashion, haha.

but, nothing has really led me to feel this way, i've just suddenly realised that my shoulders are not as small as other girls'- i guess i just really desire a petite physique, which, no matter how skinny i get, i have realised i will not achieve. so, i guess that has led me to feeling that guys will think my shoulders are ugly, too manly, not feminine, and whatnot.

I see. Well you can't change your bones and, really, I wouldn't worry about it.
I'll drill anything :creepyEmojiHere:

Just make sure the drill pipe doesn't turn brown.
Well you wouldn't wanna get banged by a girl with broad shoulders know would you
Broad shoulders on men = very attractive... narrow shoulders on men is somewhat unattractive... average ones.. no added points or negative to your overall look. Depends really... narrow shoulders on a feminine/hippy guy probably doesn't matter because girls who like that kind of guy won't care too much.

I wouldn't consciously look at a girl and think... oh she has broad shoulders damn i liked her face. I mean it depends on the rest of your body. I know a girl who has quite wide shoulders, very forward head posture (makes shoulders look worse/slump back), wide waist, bigish legs and a pretty flat bum... i won't lie that kind of physique is unattractive imo. Mind you if she had a pretty face that i liked i wouldn't care too much really.
Lol, why the **** do you care what OP cares about :rofl: :rofl:

I don't, I just find OP stupid, and you actually. You're clearly not 'friendly' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I don't, I just find OP stupid, and you actually. You're clearly not 'friendly' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why did you post then? Why do you find OP and FriendlyPenguin stupid?
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Why did you post then? Why do you find OP and FriendlyPenguin stupid?

I know you don't quite understand, but I can post whatever the hell I want.

Don't concern yourself with what I do or say. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending