The Student Room Group

Brighton and Sussex medical school 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

IMG_7867.PNG
Original post by Najim994
I haven’t heard form them since the interview email on Tuesday.

Anyone knows if it is okay to wear Smart cloths like a plain shirt with plain pants? I don’t have a suit and I don’t like them. They said wear something comfortable and a suit isn’t to me tbh. I watched the example video of the interview on their website and the guy wasn’t wearing a suit so i’m a bit confused tbh

They accept "smart casual attire" so I'm probably going to wear black chinos along with a shirt and maybe a tie
Does anyone know what the MMI will be like? I have my interview coming up and I don't really know how to prepare for it.

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by alessia41
Has any of the interview holders got further info regarding MMI as they mention after booking the interview?

No I haven't. I'm waiting for it too :frown:
Reply 183
Original post by zenden
BSMS automatically rejects you if you get below 3 in any section. You can get 17 in so many ways, but this is what I got in September:
Section 1: 5.1
Section 2: 3.7 (omg it was so hard)
Section 3: 3.5A (the A is with 5 points)

Hi. Do you mean A is worth 5 points? How about for leeds?
Original post by Kabyar
Hi. Do you mean A is worth 5 points? How about for leeds?

Whoops, autocorrect strikes again! Yes, most universities consider an A to be worth 5 points. I’m not sure about Leeds specifically, but they should say on their website :smile:
Original post by Kabyar

I don’t think they rejected you if you got below a 3 in one section because I did and had no CD
I think it was heavily the essay
[QUOTE="_bethas;75000132"]
Original post by Kabyar

I don’t think they rejected you if you got below a 3 in one section because I did and had no CD

Which section did you get below 3 in? I think they allow the essay to be below 3 not sure...
Original post by Usernamesarefull
Which section did you get below 3 in? I think they allow the essay to be below 3 not sure...

Section 2
Reply 189
Original post by zenden
Whoops, autocorrect strikes again! Yes, most universities consider an A to be worth 5 points. I’m not sure about Leeds specifically, but they should say on their website :smile:

Ok. I see. For Leeds, they do not have a cut off so I have no idea what kind of score they are looking for .
any international students heart anything yet?
Not yet. Still waiting...
Reply 192
Original post by sophdepoph
Hi guys just to let you know I just got an interview email, I deffo don’t have contextual data, I’m a grad and my bmat was only 17.1 so the cut off must be lower this year?!

Hey i am grad too and got invited for interview. How are you going to prepare for the interview
Original post by zealme753

still...nothing
Original post by zealme753

Nah nothing
Original post by Najim994
I haven’t heard form them since the interview email on Tuesday.

Anyone knows if it is okay to wear Smart cloths like a plain shirt with plain pants? I don’t have a suit and I don’t like them. They said wear something comfortable and a suit isn’t to me tbh. I watched the example video of the interview on their website and the guy wasn’t wearing a suit so i’m a bit confused tbh

Smart casual - only wear a suit if you wish to.
How long are MMIs and how many stations are there? I can’t find it on the website
Original post by zenden
How long are MMIs and how many stations are there? I can’t find it on the website

https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/applying-to-bsms/admissions-process.aspx
Original post by anthonyyip0806
Nah nothing

International applicants are unlikely to hear anything before the new year
Original post by zenden

I'm trying to find that out as well but I can't find anything. I might call them up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending