Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brighton and Sussex medical school 2018 entry Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Since I couldn't find a thread for this, I made one.
    How did everyone find the bmat today?
    What's everyone's first choice?
    From what I've heard BSMS ranks according to BMAT and an overall score is given. Cut off has to be met but if you have contextual data the minimum score requires is less .
    Now that BMAT is done, how long will it take for us to hear back ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bmd28)
    Hi everyone,
    Since I couldn't find a thread for this, I made one.
    How did everyone find the bmat today?
    What's everyone's first choice?
    From what I've heard BSMS ranks according to BMAT and an overall score is given. Cut off has to be met but if you have contextual data the minimum score requires is less .
    Now that BMAT is done, how long will it take for us to hear back ?
    Hey I did my BMAT back in September and ended up getting 17.3, but at the time I was convinced I'd failed! BSMS is my first choice, but I've also applied to Southampton (:heart:), UEA and St. George's. How about you?

Yep, BSMS doesn't read personal statements, they just base interviews on BMAT ranking. the cutoff last year was around 17, but it's A LOT lower for contextual applicants (around 14, from what I've heard). Last year they started offering interviews on the 5th of December, so still about a month to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenden)
    Hey I did my BMAT back in September and ended up getting 17.3, but at the time I was convinced I'd failed! BSMS is my first choice, but I've also applied to Southampton (:heart:), UEA and St. George's. How about you?

Yep, BSMS doesn't read personal statements, they just base interviews on BMAT ranking. the cutoff last year was around 17, but it's A LOT lower for contextual applicants (around 14, from what I've heard). Last year they started offering interviews on the 5th of December, so still about a month to go
    Can't wait any longer😬😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Applying to medicine is so stressful! I just want to hear back now the suspense is killing me!! Mind if I ask you your stats?

I’m applying to HYMS, Exeter, BSMS and Southampton.
    5 A*s 5As at GCSE
    Predicted AAA at A2
    660 UKCAT average
    BMAT was terrible!!
    I just want to know already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gapmed2018)
    Can't wait any longer😬😅
    Same Especially now that all my friends are getting offers and I don't even know if I've got interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haemohelp)
    Applying to medicine is so stressful! I just want to hear back now the suspense is killing me!! Mind if I ask you your stats?

5 A*s 5As at GCSE
    Predicted AAA at A2
    660 UKCAT average
    BMAT was terrible!!
    Hahahah everyone thinks they failed the BMAT, I'm sure it went better than you think!
    Applying to BSMS, St George's, UEA and Southampton.
    11A*s 1A at GCSE
    Predicted A*A*A*A at A2 (bio, chem, geography, Spanish) and A* EPQ
    710 Band 1 UKCAT average
    17.3 BMAT

Tbh I think interviews might be my downfall

ReputationRep:

5 A*s 5As at GCSE
    Predicted AAA at A2
    660 UKCAT average
    BMAT was terrible!!
    2A* 5A 1B 2C at GCSE
    Achieved AAB at A-level
    657.5 UKCAT band 2
    BMAT hoping for the best don't think I did too well though
    Applying to HYMS BSMS Lancaster and Liverpool

I think HYMS will be sending out interview offers within the next couple of weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gapmed2018)
    2A* 5A 1B 2C at GCSE
    Achieved AAB at A-level
    657.5 UKCAT band 2
    BMAT hoping for the best don't think I did too well though
    Applying to HYMS BSMS Lancaster and Liverpool

I think HYMS will be sending out interview offers within the next couple of weeks!
    Really??? Ahhh hope I get one! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Really??? Ahhh hope I get one! Good luck!
    Thanks you too
    Yh I read it on another thread

ReputationRep:

Hey, well done for your bmat. Hopefully the cut off scores will be around the same so you'll be fine.
    I did my bmat on Thursday not sure how I did haha.
    I applied to imperial Aberdeen and Dundee

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah everyone thinks they failed the BMAT, I'm sure it went better than you think!
    Applying to BSMS, St George's, UEA and Southampton.
    11A*s 1A at GCSE
    Predicted A*A*A*A at A2 (bio, chem, geography, Spanish) and A* EPQ
    710 Band 1 UKCAT average
    17.3 BMAT

Tbh I think interviews might be my downfall
    Really good stats, I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys think the bmat will be judged this year, since there were 2 sittings? Will there be a separate cut off for each sitting or just one general one ?

ReputationRep:

What do we need to get in each section to have 17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bmd28)
    Really good stats, I'm sure you'll be fine
    Thank you I hope so, but I feel like you need to be a grade 8 violinist who speaks 6 languages and has been doing voluntary work since they left the womb to have a real chance at medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bmd28)
    How do you guys think the bmat will be judged this year, since there were 2 sittings? Will there be a separate cut off for each sitting or just one general one ?
    I did the September one and I found section 2 IMPOSSIBLE whereas October people have been saying that action 1 was terrible, but 2 was fine. Clearly the difficulty wasn't the same, but idk if they'll have 2 cut-offs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegsss)
    What do we need to get in each section to have 17
    BSMS automatically rejects you if you get below 3 in any section. You can get 17 in so many ways, but this is what I got in September:
    Section 1: 5.1
    Section 2: 3.7 (omg it was so hard)
    Section 3: 3.5A (the A is with 5 points)

ReputationRep:
    BSMS automatically rejects you if you get below 3 in any section. You can get 17 in so many ways, but this is what I got in September:
    Section 1: 5.1
    Section 2: 3.7 (omg it was so hard)
    Section 3: 3.5A (the A is with 5 points)
    Alright thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I applied here last year and got an interview, but sadly no offer. Applied again with achieved AAB, BMAT was alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamedxAli)
    I applied here last year and got an interview, but sadly no offer. Applied again with achieved AAB, BMAT was alright
    What were your stats last year?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to BSMS, along with Cardiff, Exeter and Nottingham.
    I did the EB and I have fairly good achieved grades, but I really have no idea how the BMAT will turn out... :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.