The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys has anyone been rejected from newcastle?
Original post by big_haych
Guys has anyone been rejected from newcastle?

i still haven’t heard anything, only one i’m waiting for
Original post by hannahburn
i still haven’t heard anything, only one i’m waiting for

What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?
What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

not amazing, predicted AAA, gcses A* 6A’s 3B’s and ukcat 615 and band 3, wbu
Original post by hannahburn
not amazing, predicted AAA, gcses A* 6A’s 3B’s and ukcat 615 and band 3, wbu

Yeah I got 627 lol, that’s why I’m scared man, I feel like it’s just a matter of time before I get rejected since they care about ukcat so much 😭
Yeah I got 627 lol, that’s why I’m scared man, I feel like it’s just a matter of time before I get rejected since they care about ukcat so much 😭

yeah i’d rather they just got it over with, i have an interview for leeds so just hoping that work out into an offer
Original post by Sammmyxxx
Sheffield

Isn’t Sheffield going to use PS as their primary selection tool, in the same way as Liverpool’s?
Original post by Rabbity213
Isn’t Sheffield going to use PS as their primary selection tool, in the same way as Liverpool’s?

i think so and they will use ukcat more if you dont meet grade requirements or if you are equal with another candidate and ukcat is the only things that differentiates you
Original post by Iamjos
Has anyone got a Bristol interview on Wednesday? If so, how are you preparing for it? They don't give much info abt the interview at all!

I have an interview Wednesday too! What time is your interview? Still surprised I got an interview from them with my poor UKCAT score to be honest! Yeah, I can hardly find any information about their MMI structure, I have just been writing notes on potential questions they could ask, not really much more I can do! How are you preparing?!
Original post by anapscpac
i think so and they will use ukcat more if you dont meet grade requirements or if you are equal with another candidate and ukcat is the only things that differentiates you

Have you applied to Sheffield also? If so, since you have Liverpool interview, you must be in a driving seat for Sheffield!
Original post by hallby100
I have an interview Wednesday too! What time is your interview? Still surprised I got an interview from them with my poor UKCAT score to be honest! Yeah, I can hardly find any information about their MMI structure, I have just been writing notes on potential questions they could ask, not really much more I can do! How are you preparing?!

hi, whats ur ukcat score if u dont mind me asking. im still on hold but my ukcat isnt very competitive at all!
My King's interview is in March - are people with later interviews less likely to get a place?
Students who got interviews at Bristol, can you please tell us when did you get the invite and when is your interview ? Still on hold ..

Good luck for your Bristol interview guys, it isn't that bad!
Original post by swagmeister_
My King's interview is in March - are people with later interviews less likely to get a place?

Who knows? Given the fact some offers have already been made, you can judge it for yourself.
Original post by Rabbity213
Have you applied to Sheffield also? If so, since you have Liverpool interview, you must be in a driving seat for Sheffield!

doubt it different unis looks for different things in personal statement so even if Liverpool 'liked' it doesn't mean Sheffield will :frown:
Original post by becky_5642
hi, whats ur ukcat score if u dont mind me asking. im still on hold but my ukcat isnt very competitive at all!

My UKCAT score was 620 and band 3 situational judgement. My personal statement must have really helped, I have got 6 A*'s and 4 A's and predicted A*A*A*A at A level.
Original post by Sara1906
Students who got interviews at Bristol, can you please tell us when did you get the invite and when is your interview ? Still on hold ..

I was put on hold on the 20th November. The invite to interview was on the 18th December.
My UKCAT score was 620 and band 3 situational judgement. My personal statement must have really helped, I have got 6 A*'s and 4 A's and predicted A*A*A*A at A level.

oh wow u have amazing stats! well done on your interview
Original post by sachind01
Good luck for your Bristol interview guys, it isn't that bad!

Thank you! So so so nervous :///

Latest