The Student Room Group

First essay grades?

I was just wondering what everybody got on their first essay or coursework at Uni - I'm feeling very paranoid about mine. I'm doing a four year degree at Edinburgh University so I know nothing counts until the third year but I got a 2.1 (64/100) and tried really hard.

Is anyone else feeling a bit down or feeling really good and can give me any tips? :smile: Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by charleyrosejones
I was just wondering what everybody got on their first essay or coursework at Uni - I'm feeling very paranoid about mine. I'm doing a four year degree at Edinburgh University so I know nothing counts until the third year but I got a 2.1 (64/100) and tried really hard.

Is anyone else feeling a bit down or feeling really good and can give me any tips? :smile: Thanks!

I got a first in my first coursework. You just need to pester the lecturer a bit, keep asking questions on what you need to do get a first and if there's anything you're not sure about, either send them an email or visit them during their office hours. Lecturers are willing to help you but you need to show the effort and contact them. There's no such thing as a stupid question so don't worry about it being awkward.
Got a 2:1 as well, as I always want to do better I wasn't disappointed but rather annoyed where I had gone wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending