The Student Room Group

Midwifery - Bangor University 2018

Hiya,

I was just wondering how many people on here will be applying to study Midwifery in Bangor, North Wales for 2018?

I am currently an Access to HE: Health student, and I have sent my UCAS application off to my tutor and now I think it’s ready to go.

I’m really nervous as I’m classed as a ‘mature student’ but have a wealth of experience on Maternity.
Are there any current/previous Bangor students here who could provide an insight as to what I could do to prepare for interview (if I even get one 🙈)

I am reading up on all the relevant Midwifery information and keeping up-to-date with any new guidelines etc. But is there anything else in particular I need to do?

Thabks in advance x

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

I have also applied to Bangor, and I said also classed as a mature student. Good luck 😀 x
Reply 2
Hi Littlelady,

You’ve applied for 2018? Thank you, you too! I’m just trying to be prepared so if I do get an interview then I’m not rushing to do everything.

When did you send your application off? x
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes 2018 intake. I sent my application on the 24th October and haven’t heard anything yet. When did you send yours off? You mentioned you have experience in maternity, what is it that you do? X
Reply 4
Oh wow you sent it quite early! Are you an access student or similar? Mine has gone to my tutor and I am just waiting for her to send it on, exciting but scary! I am a HCSW on a Maternity Unit, have been for the last 4.5 years ☺️ do you have any experience? x
Wow, you do have a lot of experience. I’m not an access student. I continued with studies throughout work and that qualification gave me the UCAS points needed for the course. I have really tried to emphasise how my skills can be transferred, as I don’t have any experience.
I’m also slightly worried that because I have applied independently, I haven’t had the help of a tutor. Other than sending off applications, how much do your tutors help in preparing your personal statements?
Good luck with your application, have you applied anywhere else? X
Reply 6
Ahhh ok I see! My tutor has been fantastic with me, she read through it numerous times and advised me how to word it properly. That’s why it’s taken me so long to send it off because I’ve been trying to perfect it as much as possible!
Thank you, good luck to you too!

No I’ve only applied to Bangor, have 2 children so cannot uproot! Plus here is home haha how about you? x
Wow that’s fantastic. I do think that’s what I could have done with.
I have also only applied to Bangor, I have 2 children too, the youngest is 7 weeks old, so can’t commute too far.
Unfortunately that puts extra pressure on doesn’t it. X
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Aww wow that’s amazing! Well done you for staying motivated even after having a baby! My youngest will be 2 this year so timing works out quite nicely!
But yes definitely lots of pressure now as I feel like I have to do amazingly in this interview as it’s the only chance I’ll get! If it’s a no then it’s waiting a whole new year again isn’t it x
Oh that is a really nice age. I know, the thought of waiting a whole year is not ideal. Let me know if you get an interview 😀 x
Reply 10
I will do, thank you!
Same goes to you, keep me updated ☺️ x
Will do 😊 xx
Hiya!

Im a first year at Bangor! Im also a mature student and I did access last year. The interview was all day, it started with a group activity, then we had a maths test, had to write two essays and critique a journal article, after that we had a group interview where we picked topics out of a hat and had to discuss them with the group. Happy to go into more detail if you like!

Message me if you want any help :-) Good luck to you both. xxx
Reply 13
I’ve also applied to Bangor and got my interview yesterday😬 Has anyone else got an interview on February 12th??
Congratulations on getting an interview. I have also just received one for Feb 27th. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you 😀
I very nearly went for Bangor as we were planning on uprooting to mid-Wales, but decided to stay put until I qualify- so a few years yet. Just wanted to wish you all luck- I am also a mature student doing my Access to Nursing and Midwifery level 3. Three kids here (1,3,5) so I can sympathise with the time constraints. Hope you all get your places! Good luck.
Incidentally, my tutor gave me no help at all in my application (I am a distance student) so I would presume that that decision comes down to the tutor themselves! She will be going through my reference with me next week, as I didn't apply until fairly late, December 12th ish. I have no idea what she said about me, and it is stressful, lol.
I do!
Original post by Lc19993
I’ve also applied to Bangor and got my interview yesterday😬 Has anyone else got an interview on February 12th??

I do!!
Hey everyone!

I applied to Bangor and I have an interview there for the 27th February. Currently hold an offer with Chester too :smile:

Amy x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending