The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Will Nottingham be okay with me taking my A-Levels over 3 years?

I want to apply to do maths and I got an A* in it over 2 years, however due to mental illness I didn't take my biology and chemistry exams that year. I am going to take them this year whilst studying at home. I am then taking a year out (technically the second one) to get my mental illness in check, get work experience (which I have none of), study some further maths and apply to university.
I know that some universities don't allow you to do your A-Levels over 3 years, but I did my maths in 2. I will probably get 2 A's or higher in my biology and chemistry.
My teacher is going to ring Nottingham next week to find out, but I've fallen in love with it and I can't sleep worrying about it.
Can anyone help?
I did my A-levels over three years since I had to do lots of resits and I got in, so you'll probably be alright.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Christop
I did my A-levels over three years since I had to do lots of resits and I got in, so you'll probably be alright.

thanks! that really calms my nerves
Original post by brendonurine
I want to apply to do maths and I got an A* in it over 2 years, however due to mental illness I didn't take my biology and chemistry exams that year. I am going to take them this year whilst studying at home. I am then taking a year out (technically the second one) to get my mental illness in check, get work experience (which I have none of), study some further maths and apply to university.
I know that some universities don't allow you to do your A-Levels over 3 years, but I did my maths in 2. I will probably get 2 A's or higher in my biology and chemistry.
My teacher is going to ring Nottingham next week to find out, but I've fallen in love with it and I can't sleep worrying about it.
Can anyone help?

Here's part of an email I was sent last year.

"As long as the student is taking some maths related A levels near the completion, we would consider regardless of how many years they spend on their A levels".

I did 3 years and I'm here now, so evidently they don't care.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Here's part of an email I was sent last year.

"As long as the student is taking some maths related A levels near the completion, we would consider regardless of how many years they spend on their A levels".

I did 3 years and I'm here now, so evidently they don't care.

great! thanks for replying
You should be fine, I just got an offer from them today and I’m currently in my third year of A Levels because I retook my AS year

Quick Reply