Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to do maths and I got an A* in it over 2 years, however due to mental illness I didn't take my biology and chemistry exams that year. I am going to take them this year whilst studying at home. I am then taking a year out (technically the second one) to get my mental illness in check, get work experience (which I have none of), study some further maths and apply to university.
    I know that some universities don't allow you to do your A-Levels over 3 years, but I did my maths in 2. I will probably get 2 A's or higher in my biology and chemistry.
    My teacher is going to ring Nottingham next week to find out, but I've fallen in love with it and I can't sleep worrying about it.
    Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    I did my A-levels over three years since I had to do lots of resits and I got in, so you'll probably be alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christop)
    I did my A-levels over three years since I had to do lots of resits and I got in, so you'll probably be alright.
    thanks! that really calms my nerves
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by brendonurine)
    I want to apply to do maths and I got an A* in it over 2 years, however due to mental illness I didn't take my biology and chemistry exams that year. I am going to take them this year whilst studying at home. I am then taking a year out (technically the second one) to get my mental illness in check, get work experience (which I have none of), study some further maths and apply to university.
    I know that some universities don't allow you to do your A-Levels over 3 years, but I did my maths in 2. I will probably get 2 A's or higher in my biology and chemistry.
    My teacher is going to ring Nottingham next week to find out, but I've fallen in love with it and I can't sleep worrying about it.
    Can anyone help?
    Here's part of an email I was sent last year.

"As long as the student is taking some maths related A levels near the completion, we would consider regardless of how many years they spend on their A levels".

I did 3 years and I'm here now, so evidently they don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Here's part of an email I was sent last year.

"As long as the student is taking some maths related A levels near the completion, we would consider regardless of how many years they spend on their A levels".

I did 3 years and I'm here now, so evidently they don't care.
    great! thanks for replying

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine, I just got an offer from them today and I’m currently in my third year of A Levels because I retook my AS year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.