Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to do maths and I got an A* in it over 2 years, however due to mental illness I didn't take my biology and chemistry exams that year. I am going to take them this year whilst studying at home. I am then taking a year out (technically the second one) to get my mental illness in check, get work experience (which I have none of), study some further maths and apply to university.
    I know that some universities don't allow you to do your A-Levels over 3 years, but I did my maths in 2. I will probably get 2 A's or higher in my biology and chemistry.
    My teacher is going to ring Nottingham next week to find out, but I've fallen in love with it and I can't sleep worrying about it.
    Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    I did my A-levels over three years since I had to do lots of resits and I got in, so you'll probably be alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christop)
    I did my A-levels over three years since I had to do lots of resits and I got in, so you'll probably be alright.
    thanks! that really calms my nerves
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by brendonurine)
    I want to apply to do maths and I got an A* in it over 2 years, however due to mental illness I didn't take my biology and chemistry exams that year. I am going to take them this year whilst studying at home. I am then taking a year out (technically the second one) to get my mental illness in check, get work experience (which I have none of), study some further maths and apply to university.
    I know that some universities don't allow you to do your A-Levels over 3 years, but I did my maths in 2. I will probably get 2 A's or higher in my biology and chemistry.
    My teacher is going to ring Nottingham next week to find out, but I've fallen in love with it and I can't sleep worrying about it.
    Can anyone help?
    Here's part of an email I was sent last year.

"As long as the student is taking some maths related A levels near the completion, we would consider regardless of how many years they spend on their A levels".

I did 3 years and I'm here now, so evidently they don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Here's part of an email I was sent last year.

"As long as the student is taking some maths related A levels near the completion, we would consider regardless of how many years they spend on their A levels".

I did 3 years and I'm here now, so evidently they don't care.
    great! thanks for replying

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine, I just got an offer from them today and I’m currently in my third year of A Levels because I retook my AS year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.