The Student Room Group

Getting a job right before exams?

I've been applying for part time jobs since summer and finally got an interview at Sainsburys last week so I went and I've been offered the job. I verbally accepted and my induction is on Wednesday. The position is 16 hours a week 8 hours each on Saturday and Sunday. I have exams on the 5th, 8th and 11th December so I'm worried that getting a job now could affect my performance in my exams. I feel like it would be a bad first impression if I immediately asked them to take time off when I haven't even started yet. My hours are 12-8pm both days and induction is 9:30 - 6:30 so I wouldn't really have much time to revise at all on those days. I really want this job though as I've never had a job before so it took me ages just to get even an interview anywhere. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
If you submitted a CV/did you mention you were a student? If so I am sure they already know that you are a student and should be willing to accept what comes with that. If they get annoyed, brush it off - your education comes first and make this clear to them now you have the job. If it gets too then use your experience from Sainsbury’s to help you find another job. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Person556
If you submitted a CV/did you mention you were a student? If so I am sure they already know that you are a student and should be willing to accept what comes with that. If they get annoyed, brush it off - your education comes first and make this clear to them now you have the job. If it gets too then use your experience from Sainsbury’s to help you find another job. Good luck!

At the interview they asked if I was a student and I obviously told them yes. Thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending