The Student Room Group

Does Clearing require higher grades?

Ive made a mistake by not applying to any safe unis. So if my grades dont go to plan and i dont get accepted to uni Ill have to go through clearing my friend told me that if i go through clearing i'll need higher grades than the entry requirments eg. Business at Birmingham is AAB therefore if i had a chance to go there through clearing I would need AAA. I was wondering if this was true.
No lol, ok clearing is if you miss your grades, if you achieve or exceed your firm's offer then you go through adjustment wherein you can contact other unis and see if they can take you and you can put them down on/around results day. If you miss your grades you go through clearing and unis normally reduce the entry requirements for clearing
Reply 2
Original post by toniator23
Ive made a mistake by not applying to any safe unis. So if my grades dont go to plan and i dont get accepted to uni Ill have to go through clearing my friend told me that if i go through clearing i'll need higher grades than the entry requirments eg. Business at Birmingham is AAB therefore if i had a chance to go there through clearing I would need AAA. I was wondering if this was true.

I had to go in through clearing and I don't think you would need higher grades. Given that clearing courses are those that didn't et filled before the places are just open and they will want them filled up. You will likely just need the minimum grades they state on the site but if you need to go in for it then you have to phone the Uni first and ask them about it.

Clearing requirements are normally the same or slightly lower

It sounds like you're confusing the criteria for using adjustment (which you can only use if you've met and exceeded your firm OFFER) with the entry requirements that are used in clearing and adjustment
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Clearing requirements are normally the same or slightly lower

It sounds like you're confusing the criteria for using adjustment (which you can only use if you've met and exceeded your firm OFFER) with the entry requirements that are used in clearing and adjustment

Nah wasnt confusing it with adjustment but thanks for all the replies I understand clearing now and adjustment.
Reply 5
Original post by Samendra
No lol, ok clearing is if you miss your grades, if you achieve or exceed your firm's offer then you go through adjustment wherein you can contact other unis and see if they can take you and you can put them down on/around results day. If you miss your grades you go through clearing and unis normally reduce the entry requirements for clearing

If you exceed your firms you said i can go through adjustment, would that still be the same if i had an unconditional offer could i try to go through adjustment or go to my insurance
If you exceed your firms you said i can go through adjustment, would that still be the same if i had an unconditional offer could i try to go through adjustment or go to my insurance

If you accept an unconditional offer then you cannot use adjustment and you don't get an insurance choice.

You could only enter clearing with the agreement (and action) of your firm university.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
If you accept an unconditional offer then you cannot use adjustment and you don't get an insurance choice.

You could only enter clearing with the agreement (and action) of your firm university.

oh ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending