The Student Room Group

Computer science choices

Hello,

I have 3 choices left and I am not sure which ones are the best from: Warwick, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton, Birmingham
Which of these universities are most competitive for computer science?
Reply 1
They're all very good, Bristol and Warwick have a reputation for Maths, and Manchester is renowned for its CS department (although reports as to how good it is vary drastically). If you haven't yet considered Bath, I would add that university to your list, purely due to its links to industry and emphasis on a placement year which is brilliant experience to show to employers. Southhampton is a very good university for CS also, however it seems to be better for Software Engineering than any other parts if I'm not mistaken as that's its speciality.

TL;DR - Regardless of whichever you put down, you'll be picking a brilliant university; simply visit and see which you prefer!
Original post by Arkidiusz
Hello,

I have 3 choices left and I am not sure which ones are the best from: Warwick, Manchester, Bristol, Southampton, Birmingham
Which of these universities are most competitive for computer science?

All excellent universities for CS and all very similar in terms of competitiveness. I would recommend you looking at other aspects such as the campus, accommodation etc.
Reply 3
What other aspects could I consider? Also, is UCL a good choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending