The Student Room Group

Should I Give An Xmas Present To A Girl Who Rejected Me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SpacePatroFan189
How the heck is wanting to stay in contact with someone you rejected and responding positively to all their messages and laughing at their jokes a negative response?

OP, look up the meaning of the word "cuck"
here: let me do that for you:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuck
if you think a present is going to make her suddenly interested in you, you are sadly very deluded
Original post by Anonymous
if you think a present is going to make her suddenly interested in you, you are sadly very deluded

Did you not read the question description? I am well aware of this fact.
You know what, one worry I do have is that if I decide to and it all goes to ****, it might ruin my enjoyment of the film, cause everytime I watch it I'll be thinking of this scenario :frown:
You know what, one worry I do have is that if I decide to and it all goes to ****, it might ruin my enjoyment of the film, cause everytime I watch it I'll be thinking of this scenario :frown:

Lmao stop being cuck. It would be very cringe for you to give her a gift. She can watch it online any time she wants.

Why don't you just go to the gym and become hot so you're more desirable and can actually pull and get into relationships etc. instead of focusing on what is probably a rubbish quality girl?

I'm guilty of similar with a girl I was crazy about who didn't want to see me anymore, but I actually dated her and didn't stay friends with her, I just feel bad about her often.
Shouldn't it be the other way round?

no if OP genuinely doesnt have any romantic interest in the girl anymore then theres just simply no point giving her the present because it looks like hes coming on to her
Original post by JNDSAN
no if OP genuinely doesnt have any romantic interest in the girl anymore then theres just simply no point giving her the present because it looks like hes coming on to her

I am the OP I just forget to unclick "post anonymously" sometimes.
Original post by RockyDennis
probably a rubbish quality girl?

She could be better but she's definitely not rubbish!!
Original post by JNDSAN

He does. Without question.
Original post by RockyDennis
He does. Without question.

OK, OK, OK, maybe deep down my feelings haven't entirely faded but my motive in giving the gift is NOT to win her over; the scheme just doesn't make sense - how would giving her a DVD make her like me?? It wouldn't in the slightest.
OK, OK, OK, maybe deep down my feelings haven't entirely faded but my motive in giving the gift is NOT to win her over; the scheme just doesn't make sense - how would giving her a DVD make her like me?? It wouldn't in the slightest.

It's an action guided by your feelings for her. This is just what you've convinced yourself to believe. You might get it past yourself but you can't get it past me.

Like when guys act like they can't possibly bear to lose the supposed invaluable friendship of a girl they barely even know who rejected them so they keep talking constantly, yet at the same time they text some of their best lifelong friends like once a week at most rofl.
I'm 16 and she is 17.

A girl who rejected me at the end of secondary school (we are still friends - I speak to her about once a month on Messenger) is a big fan of horror films like I am so I wanted to give her a copy of my favourite horror - The Thing - for Christmas (I like to share the things I enjoy with others) but I'm worried if I do she'll think I'm trying to win her back - it's just a friendly gesture I swear and in no way an attempt to win her over as I'm fine with just being friends, and I'm giving presents to other people of course, but I'm scared she'll get the wrong impression and think I still have dating her on my mind.

Should I give it to her or not (if it makes any difference, I wouldn't be able to give it to her in person as we go to different colleges and she lives 18 miles away from me; I'd have to give it to one of my friends who goes to her college who could then give it to her)?

Think it would be a tad weird seeing as you talk once a month and are so far apart- but i recently watched that movie and i found it very goood you could recommend it in your next convo and offer to give it to her then
Original post by abbynub
Think it would be a tad weird seeing as you talk once a month and are so far apart- but i recently watched that movie and i found it very goood you could recommend it in your next convo and offer to give it to her then

This is one of the politest answers I've gotten so thanks. Just to make sure, you do know I'm talking about the 1982 original and not the 2011 prequel version?
This is one of the politest answers I've gotten so thanks. Just to make sure, you do know I'm talking about the 1982 original and not the 2011 prequel version?

Yesss i havent watched 2011 one only the 1982 ver, the plot twistssss i want a sequel so bad
I'm 16 and she is 17.

A girl who rejected me at the end of secondary school (we are still friends - I speak to her about once a month on Messenger) is a big fan of horror films like I am so I wanted to give her a copy of my favourite horror - The Thing - for Christmas (I like to share the things I enjoy with others) but I'm worried if I do she'll think I'm trying to win her back - it's just a friendly gesture I swear and in no way an attempt to win her over as I'm fine with just being friends, and I'm giving presents to other people of course, but I'm scared she'll get the wrong impression and think I still have dating her on my mind.

Should I give it to her or not (if it makes any difference, I wouldn't be able to give it to her in person as we go to different colleges and she lives 18 miles away from me; I'd have to give it to one of my friends who goes to her college who could then give it to her)?

I think you should give her horse poo as revenge for rejecting you. :unimpressed: :teehee:
No don’t do it. She’ll take it the wrong way and it’ll make things awkward. Just wish her a merry Christmas and keep it casual. Put the thought into someone who appreciates you more.
Reply 96
People saying no - I understand your point if the OP is still pining for her, but in the original post he made it clear that him giving her this film is not related to that. You're obviously free to interpret that how you wish, but a good response should at least assume he is telling the truth and not immediately jump to saying 'you're not over her'. That's not useful for him or for the question.

So, if we assume that the gesture is platonic, then what bad is giving her this film doing? It's not harming OP, it's not harming her (might be awkward but if she likes horror films I think she could quite enjoy it), so its a good idea in my books. As I've said to OP as well - it's the Christmas season now, a time where people should enjoy the occasion to share and receive gifts with others. I'm honestly surprised there is such raging debate about a small gift like this!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ostrich
People saying no - I understand your point if the OP is still pining for her, but in the original post he made it clear that him giving her this film is not related to that. You're obviously free to interpret that how you wish, but a good response should at least assume he is telling the truth and not immediately jump to saying 'you're not over her'. That's not useful for him or for the question.

So, if we assume that the gesture is platonic, then what bad is giving her this film doing? It's not harming OP, it's not harming her (might be awkward but if she likes horror films I think she could quite enjoy it), so its a good idea in my books. As I've said to OP as well - it's the Christmas season now, a time where people should enjoy the occasion to share and receive gifts with others. I'm honestly surprised there is such raging debate about a small gift like this!

I agree with literally every last word of this post. @Jimbo Jones, what's your response to this?
Original post by Ostrich
People saying no - I understand your point if the OP is still pining for her, but in the original post he made it clear that him giving her this film is not related to that.

and that's ********

You're obviously free to interpret that how you wish, but a good response should at least assume he is telling the truth and not immediately jump to saying 'you're not over her'. That's not useful for him or for the question.

some of us understand what the OP is going through and it sickens us

So, if we assume that the gesture is platonic, then what bad is giving her this film doing?

it's not necessarily bad short-term, only long term. it's like heroin.

It's not harming OP, it's not harming her (might be awkward but if she likes horror films I think she could quite enjoy it),

wow, your criterion of "negative effects" are EXTREMELY strict :lol:

so its a good idea in my books.

being a blatant cuck is "a good thing" then

As I've said to OP as well - it's the Christmas season now, a time where people should enjoy the occasion to share and receive gifts with others. I'm honestly surprised there is such raging debate about a small gift like this!

you are clearly of zero experience on this matter.
for instance, the OP said it was a one sided relationship where he has to start all the conversations. he wanted to go out with her, he asked her out, and she rejected him. why do you think he suddenly only sees her as a "friend"? because that is all she is letting him be for this moment in time. ffs think this through. it's shockingly simple.
Original post by Jimbo Jones
and that's ********

some of us understand what the OP is going through and it sickens us

it's not necessarily bad short-term, only long term. it's like heroin.

wow, your criterion of "negative effects" are EXTREMELY strict :lol:

being a blatant cuck is "a good thing" then

you are clearly of zero experience on this matter.
for instance, the OP said it was a one sided relationship where he has to start all the conversations. he wanted to go out with her, he asked her out, and she rejected him. why do you think he suddenly only sees her as a "friend"? because that is all she is letting him be for this moment in time. ffs think this through. it's shockingly simple.

I can see you won't change your opinion no matter what, Jones, so I would just like to say that you have actually been helpful in aiding me in reaching a decision and despite your rudeness at times you have brought up some good points that I have taken on-board.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending