The Student Room Group

A Level Fine Art Exam Suggestions?

Hi there, just a quick question. I really like this artist called Mathew Guido (specifically his piece 'Eye Candy' ) however I don't know how to adapt his work into my own. Do I draw a reproduction of it? Do I paint it? If so do I use acrylic or watercolour? Or any other interesting ways of presenting a piece like that would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks! xx

The art in question: http://mathewguido.com/eye-candy/
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by CheesePuff11
Hi there, just a quick question. I really like this artist called Mathew Guido (specifically his piece 'Eye Candy':wink: however I don't know how to adapt his work into my own. Do I draw a reproduction of it? Do I paint it? If so do I use acrylic or watercolour? Or any other interesting ways of presenting a piece like that would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks! xx

The art in question: http://mathewguido.com/eye-candy/

If you are going draw one of those pieces id suggest watercolour pencils or watercolours if youre like me and cant blend arcylic that well due the the quick drying (if you can then go for it! Could trial both smaller for experimentation). For the question about reproducing it, if you want to select one and do it in your style or just redraw it but using those materials that would be fine in my eyes. But if you dont want to do that could always reproduce it in photography like he is using and try replicating the series? Just suggestions, good luck!
Original post by abbynub
If you are going draw one of those pieces id suggest watercolour pencils or watercolours if youre like me and cant blend arcylic that well due the the quick drying (if you can then go for it! Could trial both smaller for experimentation). For the question about reproducing it, if you want to select one and do it in your style or just redraw it but using those materials that would be fine in my eyes. But if you dont want to do that could always reproduce it in photography like he is using and try replicating the series? Just suggestions, good luck!

Thank you so much!! I love watercolours anyway so I will take your amazing ideas on board! Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest