The Student Room Group

Do I break up with him?

Here is some BG info
Its a long distance relationship. We have been going out for a year now and we want to plan something to meet next year. And honestly, he is the best thing thats ever happened to me. He knows how to make me happy when I have a bad day and just understands me. And I know that he loves me and I love him too.Recently, my family life at home has become more stressful (Ive had problems before, but now its just more intense). I dont have a phone so its not like I can talk to anyone else. And now its come to a point where my tears are so volatile but I wont cry in front of anyone. I mean I will move to somewhere where Im alone and then cry. My parents fight so much and its because of me. I do nothing bad but thats the problem. I do nothing. When I do something good, its never good enough.I dont want to keep disappearing on him for a day and then tell him what Im going through and for him to make me feel better, its not right because I feel like Im using him and not actually loving him. I know for a fact that I want to meet him and love him but I cant.How do I tell him that I think its better to leave him? I have asked him before that I think we should have a break but he gets very defensive and thinks I will cheat on him. I just want a break because I physically can't do this. I sometimes feel embarrased and ashamed because of the way my life is and how Im treated but I can't lose him.
Reply 1
Bump? :frown:
If he loves you he will respect the fact that you need to take time for yourself. LDR's are hard enough as it is, let alone with the stress of family life. At the end of the day you need to do what is best for you, whether that be a break or a breakup
It doesn't sound like the relationship is the problem here. Can I ask how old you are and what it is you feel your parents are disappointed about? I think you need to sit down and tell them how it makes you feel and that they're discouraging you further to succeed.

How far away does your boyfriend live? How often do you see him?

Have you spoken to anyone else about your worries? do you think it could be symptoms of depression or something similar?

It seems like a bit of an incomplete question to be honest.
looking for an excuse to end it I see poor guy
Reply 5
Original post by Janine Killun
looking for an excuse to end it I see poor guy

I know, poor guy. Id rather hurt him short term than to kill him long term with my problems
Original post by Anonymous
I know, poor guy. Id rather hurt him short term than to kill him long term with my problems

end it and get some D closer to home yer
Reply 7
Original post by Adam Likewalker
end it and get some D closer to home yer

I dont want D, I want someone who loves me and cares

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending