The Student Room Group

Boyfriend and i had a fight and he’s ignoring me, it’s like we’ve broken up

Some background: we’re both 18 and my boyfriends in year 13 doing a levels now but i messed year 12 last year so am redoing it again at college with different more vocational classes, we’ve been going out for about 15 months starting september 2016 and everything was really great and we had no fights used to talk frequently everyday and see each other often until he started being distant a couple of months ago

. My boyfriend and I have been having a rough period lately and last week was really bad, saturday before last we were both at a party but he basically ignored me the whole night and only wanted to talk to his friends. With both broke up for xmas on the tuesday and everyday since then he’s said he’s busy and barely replies to me but then i’ve seen on snapchat etc that he went out with his friends every evening from tuesday to sunday, i saw him on sunday to give him his xmas presents and we got in a fight, i had had a bad week anyway and i was ill and on my period so i got very upset and frustrating asking him why he didn’t want to see me anymore and why he didn’t care about me and like me the way he used to and if he really wants to go out anymore at first he kept saying “i don’t know” to everything but then eventually said he doesn’t feel as strongly about me as he used to but when u asked if he wanted to break up he said no. He said that i hasn’t done anything wrong and he thinks it’s school stress that’s turned him into a colder person which i don’t really believe .I regret being so angry with him but when i left he wouldn’t hug me goodbye or say anything nice to me, i sent him a few snapchat’s that evening telling him he really upset me and i need to know what i did wrong for him to not like me anymore. He hasn’t replied to me since then even tho i have texted/called he still is posting stuff on snap and insta knowing i can see it. My friends say he’s probably feeling negative towards me because of the fight and to leave it for a few day for us to both collect our thoughts and see if he really wants to carry on seeing me or not. However i worry that the longer i don’t talk to him the easier it will be for him to ignore me when i text him again saying this isn’t over and i need answers as to what happened in our relationship whether we break up or not. I don’t want to end up having to message one of his friends getting them involved and asking them to tell him to reply to me. What shall i do i don’t personally want to break up with him but i want things to go back to how they were before he was so distant???
You need to stop messaging him, snapping him, contacting him, whatever. Its not doing you any favours whatsoever.

If he wants to talk to you, he will. Chasing him and bombarding him with messages isnt going to help.

He clearly has some issues or reservations to deal with. Give him space. Let him be. Let him work out whatever it is he needs to.

Also, if he is going to miss you, he wont do it with you constantly messaging him asking him whats changed. Stop messaging him - he's much more likely to miss you that way.

Ultimately you can't force his feelings. He knows you care, he knows you're there. Some space will probably be good for the both of you.
agree with above. don't bombard him. he needs time and space to process it and constantly sending him messages won't help him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending