The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Medicine 1st Year

Hi I read somewhere that for in the first year of medicine at sgul you study alongside nurses, radiologist, paramedics etc just wanted to know if this is true? Also whats the course like for medicine in the first year, is there much patient contact? Thanks!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
In first year there is no patient contact. You are not taught with nurses and paramedics. What is sgul?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AB710344
In first year there is no patient contact. You are not taught with nurses and paramedics. What is sgul?

Sorry sgul as in St Georges University London, and thanks for your answer. I spoke to some medics studying there and they told me that during the first semester in year 1 all the medics, nurses, paramedics, biomeds etc are all taught together because they all have the same course in that term since its a sort of foundation term to make sure everyone is on the same level. After that in the following terms everyone will be taught according to their own specific course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending