The Student Room Group

Which ipad keyboard is the best???

Hi :smile:

So I basically need a keyboard to go with my iPad Pro 10.5” but not sure which one’s the better one. The Apple Smart Keyboard is limited i.e. no shortcuts and stays in one position as well as having no back protection. Furthermore the Logitech slim combo is ironically fat and ugly and can’t be used on a lap very easily due to the Microsoft surface style flap, however, they have light up keys and shortcuts. The only problem is that these two are the only keyboards which are compatible with the smart connector which I would prefer but I wouldn’t mind Bluetooth pairing. There are also many good third party keyboards for the 10.5” model.

So which one, smart connector compatible or incompatible, is good to use on a lap and for different viewing angles as well as providing protection for the iPad? I would also prefer it to be detachable from the keyboard and for it to light up but not too fussed about the keys lighting up.

Thanks for your help!
The Logitech slim is the only one that springs to mind. It is pretty pricey and turns the pro into a slab. You could or wait for a few months and see if any other manufacturers make their own versions (IWANTIT and SANDSTROM for example). A lot of the third party manufacturers make detached KB's so it would be pretty difficult to use on your lap.
Reply 2
Original post by Phillip Banks
The Logitech slim is the only one that springs to mind. It is pretty pricey and turns the pro into a slab. You could or wait for a few months and see if any other manufacturers make their own versions (IWANTIT and SANDSTROM for example). A lot of the third party manufacturers make detached KB's so it would be pretty difficult to use on your lap.

I purchased the original iPad Pro in 2015 hoping for exactly this… just over 2 years now and still nothing. I ended up buying the Smart Keyboard which isn’t too bad
Original post by Phillip Banks

The only problem with the Logitech Slim is that it won’t be easy to balance on a lap due to its flap design. It is also ironically fat lol.
Original post by ks234r
The only problem with the Logitech Slim is that it won’t be easy to balance on a lap due to its flap design. It is also ironically fat lol.

It is similar to the KB used on the Surface. It's a slim chiclit KB and would be awful on the lap. It is a shame no manufacturers make a solid KB that clips nicely on the bottom of the Ipad and allows for rigidity without completely skinning the back of the device in a casing. The only place I can think that might have one is Massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/
Original post by Zxyn
I purchased the original iPad Pro in 2015 hoping for exactly this… just over 2 years now and still nothing. I ended up buying the Smart Keyboard which isn’t too bad

But the Smart Keyboard doesn’t have any back protection and stays in one angle. However, I could purchase a separate back protection cover. Is it worth the money though? Because Apple is known for being overpriced lol
Reply 6
Original post by ks234r
But the Smart Keyboard doesn’t have any back protection and stays in one angle. However, I could purchase a separate back protection cover. Is it worth the money though? Because Apple is known for being overpriced lol

I never bothered with back protection and mine is in great condition. Just get a zip bag for when you’re traveling/moving around so it doesn’t scratch or if it drops it’s protected.

If you do want a back protection get it from amazon unless you want the leather ones, Apple is only worth it for those, the quality is amazing
Original post by Zxyn
I never bothered with back protection and mine is in great condition. Just get a zip bag for when you’re traveling/moving around so it doesn’t scratch or if it drops it’s protected.

If you do want a back protection get it from amazon unless you want the leather ones, Apple is only worth it for those, the quality is amazing

I guess you’re right. I mean it is Apple after all so their quality will be undoubtedly amazing. I’ve just searched on amazon and there are a lot of back protection cases compatible with the Smart Keyboard so I guess Apple it is. I would’ve had purchased the Logitech slim combo but it doesn’t balance on a lap. Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending