The Student Room Group

CAO application (documents, fees)

I'm going to apply to universities in Ireland but the CAO process is rather confusing.
Do I have to send my documents to CAO via post or are pdf-documents sufficient? How many universities can you apply to and do you pay the application fee per university or is it a one-time fee and you don't have to pay extra if you apply to more than one university?
Reply 1
Hi - For the cao- You have 2 lists with 10 options on each. So you may choose up to 10 x Level 8 Degree courses. Be very careful to list them in your preferred order - your dream course at Number 1 and lowest preference at Number 10. You have a separate list option of 10 courses of Level 6 & 7 courses. After exam results and offers are published you may get an offer from each of the 2 lists. You pay the CAO fee once not per university- and actually its discounted at the moment and price will increase shortly. I'm not sure about how you send your documents. For the CAO system you don't need to provide Personal statements. Hope this helps a bit
Reply 2
Original post by jac123
Hi - For the cao- You have 2 lists with 10 options on each. So you may choose up to 10 x Level 8 Degree courses. Be very careful to list them in your preferred order - your dream course at Number 1 and lowest preference at Number 10. You have a separate list option of 10 courses of Level 6 & 7 courses. After exam results and offers are published you may get an offer from each of the 2 lists. You pay the CAO fee once not per university- and actually its discounted at the moment and price will increase shortly. I'm not sure about how you send your documents. For the CAO system you don't need to provide Personal statements. Hope this helps a bit

Thank you very much, that was very helpful actually! I have another question though, when entering my previous schools and their addresses, I do not have enough space. Do you know what to do in that case? (of course I will also message the support team)
Reply 3
NP at all. I'm not really sure about the address - our fitted in the space allowed. Perhaps abbreviate? Or get in contact with CAO helpdesk. Give me a shout if I can help further..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending