The Student Room Group

Likelihood of me getting an offer from Lancaster University

I am predicted AAD grades at A Level (A in Government and Politics, A in Sociology and D in English Language). I have applied to Lancaster University for Politics and International Relations, the entry requirements are AAB-ABB. I have already got an A in my Politics AS Level last year and I have done EPQ. My personal statement is good and so is my reference. My reference also explains that there have been mitigating circumstances due to disruption to my education. Furthermore, I also have high-functioning Autism. What are my chances like of getting an offer?
Reply 1
I think it will happen so dont stress too much
Reply 2
I heard back from them today and Lancaster University are giving me an offer for ABB.
Original post by Tigerking99
I heard back from them today and Lancaster University are giving me an offer for ABB.

Are you going to accept it as firm or insurance? How close to it do you think you can get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Are you going to accept it as firm or insurance? How close to it do you think you can get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's my only choice. I only applied to Lancaster and no other universities due to certain reasons. So I'm really glad that I was given an offer.

I do think that if I work hard then I can definitely get the grades needed. I just need to put up more effort in one of my subjects.
Original post by Tigerking99
Well it's my only choice. I only applied to Lancaster and no other universities due to certain reasons. So I'm really glad that I was given an offer.

I do think that if I work hard then I can definitely get the grades needed. I just need to put up more effort in one of my subjects.

In these circumstances your way is clear! Hope you get in - you have a chance if getting lucky even if you're a grade or so short on results day, but don't bank on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
I got an offer after failing AS once then getting ABD (still at AS). Then I got BBB at A2 and still got in to Econ. You'll get an offer.
Original post by AnonMike
I got an offer after failing AS once then getting ABD (still at AS). Then I got BBB at A2 and still got in to Econ. You'll get an offer.

He did get an offer. It's in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending