The Student Room Group

Best Revision Guide: Letts or CGP?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I hope I am not "bumping" old threads. Is this an old thread?

CGP books are great for a quick review but is not good if its your ONLY AID for your gcses. I'd say a combination of your textbook, notes and CGP for each subject will definitely get you your marks!

I must say, however, the organization in the GCSE Biology is horrible. For homeostasis, there are information in page 20, and information in page 137. Also for the heart, there are information on page 201 and 134. Why can't they organize things more efficiently so students don't have to keep flipping around?

But overall, they're quite good.
Reply 41
GCSE I'd go with CGP, at A levels the official modular books are the best, they cover everything you need to know without any useless stuff mixed in.
I'd have the Heinemann textbook as well, but exam board specific CGP are actually amazing for sciences. I have no idea how I'm going to cope at uni with no CGP to revise from :p:

I find it really really useful to read through CGP if you're not quite sure on something, as it explains things so clearly. I wouldn't rely on them completely for A-levels, but they really are brilliant for quickly going over something and the beginning/end of revision :smile: Also, they have practice exam questions after every double page spread which are handy :smile:

I'm not a fan of Letts tbh. I don't have much experience of them beyond GCSE, but all the colours and mind-mappy styles used to get on my nerves. I like things to be laid out nicely down the page and readable, not all over the place :p:
I prefer revision guides which are specific to you course but if you cannot find them then CGP have a better summary
areyousure?
I prefer revision guides which are specific to you course but if you cannot find them then CGP have a better summary

You can get CGP guides which are specific to your course though. :p:

Tbh I wouldn't really recommend any other CGP guides that aren't exam-board specific, as they tend to be a little too general if they cover all exam boards IMO
CGP, especially the ones made specifically for your board are the best!
I`m lucky that our chem teachers bought the A2 revision guides for us this year :biggrin:
Cgp is **** I have to say letts 😂😂 u people

Quick Reply

Latest