The Student Room Group

Driving Theory Test in 10 days but haven't revised properly yet!

Hi everyone!

I am in Year 12 now and I am busy with revising for A-level topic tests at the moment. My driving theory test on 27th January this year, but I don't think I am ready at the moment. I downloaded a few apps and did a few mock exams just as practice but I got scores like 22% in them. Is there anyway for me to prepare for the test because I really don't want to fail first time as this would waste a lot of money. Also is there any good websites that help with driving theory tests?

I would appreciate if you would reply because I need to get started ASAP!
Toptests is really good for free mock tests (I don't know the exact URL, just google them) and they have loads on there. I passed my theory just be doing them, reading my feedback on the areas I did poor on and re-reading those sections of the highway code and trying again. You shouldn't struggle with the theory test. They're a walk in the park compared to your A Levels and honestly, if you mess up your theory and fail it's okay. It's not like other exams where you get one shot at it. Failing isn't the end of the world.
I used the official DVD and also read the highway code. The questions on the DVD are identical to the test ones, so it was just like a memory test for me choosing the right answers. Honestly some of it is just common sense. You'll be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
I used the official DVD and also read the highway code. The questions on the DVD are identical to the test ones, so it was just like a memory test for me choosing the right answers. Honestly some of it is just common sense. You'll be fine.

I understand that there will be ones with common sense which is good, but I need to get 43/50, which seems pretty high for me.
Original post by Ukvoltaire
I understand that there will be ones with common sense which is good, but I need to get 43/50, which seems pretty high for me.

It's a lot easier than you think when you're actually doing it. Don't worry you'll be fine. Easier said than done I know.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's a lot easier than you think when you're actually doing it. Don't worry you'll be fine. Easier said than done I know.

OK! Thank you very much!
At least if you fail you’ll know to do the theory test in the summer between Year 12 & Year 13 then!

Good luck though, it’s really not that difficult compared to your A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending