The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Negotiating an offer?

I got an offer of AAC from Exeter, the university I most want to go to.
I was wondering, as think it will be a challenge to get an A grade in one of my subjects, if I could bother to call up admissions and try to negotiate?
I am doing an EPQ on the subject I wish to study so I was wondering if I could suggest being accepted with ABC and A/A* in EPQ?
Or would the uni not want to haggle?
Original post by fowlere
I was wondering, as think it will be a challenge to get an A grade in one of my subjects, if I could bother to call up admissions and try to negotiate?
I am doing an EPQ on the subject I wish to study so I was wondering if I could suggest being accepted with ABC and A/A* in EPQ?

They have already made the offer. You arent valuable,le enough that they need to haggle. If you fall one grade short on the day then contact them asap and they have to wait to see how many people make the grade and accept, then how many spare places they have. They then look at the pool of people who just missed.

If you got a good score in epq then that might strengthen your claim.

Work harder.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Your exam results will be your only negotiation tools.
Reply 3
Thank you both :smile:
It's not uncommon for Exeter to accept one grade below the offer if there is space on the course and your application is decent holistically.

However, Exeter control whether they do this or not. As above, exam grades are key
Original post by fowlere

Or - you could just knuckle down now and get your exams - you have 4 months or so of valuable revision time so get to it. You have your goal - work towards it now!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending